Chapter 19 - Death and Spirit Stones

When we got downstairs, we found Slenderman sitting in the living room with the others.

"Um... Slendy? Can we talk to you in private for a sec?" Jeff asked, looking nervous.

"Yes. Come with me to my office." Slenderman said, standing up.

I never realized he had an office.

When we got into his office, it was dark. When he turned on the light, it barely made it any lighter. His office was pretty creepy. There were eight strange pages hanging in various spots around the room. Strange noises filled the room. There was a table with some kind of medical equipment and...potions? This must be where he heals people.

Suddenly, a chill ran down my spine.

"It's freezing in here." I complained to Jeff.

"I'm guinely sorry about the condition of my office. I don't use it much anymore." He sighed.

"Oh." I said, still examing the creepy furniture choices in this room.

"Now, what was it you wanted to talk about?" He said, turning from me to Jeff.

I snapped my attention back to him.

"Oh... Um.... I think Jeff should explain." I sighed, looking down.

"Okay, first of all, I beg you not to kill us. We brought Daniel in here and-" Jeff started, as Slenderman interrupted him.

"You what?! I told you not to bring that human into the house! You disobeyed me! I told you it was dangerous! I suppose you came in here to tell me that he told about the mansion, right? He's probably bragged to his friends! Everyone probably knows about us!" Slenderman shouted.

Even without a face, I could tell he was pissed.

"Slendy, calm down. We brought him in here, but he's in some kind of unconscious trance. He saw nothing. It's like some kind of spell's been put on him." Jeff shrugged.

"It's just like Sleeping Beauty" I said quietly, and then giggled under my breath.

Jeff glared at me.

"N-not that Daniel's attractive or anything..." I lied, blushing.

He rolled his eyes.

"Children! Stop getting distracted! Now what happened?" Slenderman said, getting fed up with us.

"Well, like I said. I brought him here while he was in some kind of trance." Jeff said.

Slenderman nodded and gestured his hand, urging him to continue.

"So, he's all beat up, because... I was kind of jealous of him and Laura." Jeff said.

Slenderman sighed. 

"Then Laura was on the ground, like comforting him or something, and she touched one of his wounds for a few seconds. When she moved her hand, the wound was gone." Jeff explained.

"No. No. No. This can't be happening." Slenderman said, as he stood up and started pacing around the room.

"W-what can't be happening?" I asked, starting to panic. Was something wrong with me?

"Child, how old are you?" He asked.

"I-I'm 21." I said.

"No. No. It can't be. She's so young."

"What? Why does no one ever tell me anything? You tell me that something bad's happening, and you don't tell me what it is! It's so freaking annoying!" I shouted, becoming frustrated.