Chapter 17 - High School Drama

*Laura's P.O.V*

I helped Daniel walk to the mansion. I wrapped one of my arms around him to keep him standing, and he leaned on my shoulder so that he wouldn't fall.

When we arrived at the mansion, I told him to stay behind while I went and asked Slenderman if he could stay. We didn't need him seeing them if he didn't have to.

"Slenderman?" I asked, as I walked into the mansion.

"Yes, Laura?" He asked.

"Um... Can I ask you a question?" I sighed.

"Of course." He smiled.

"Would it be alright if my ex-boyfriend stayed here for a while? He's badly wounded." I sighed, hoping Slenderman would say yes.

"Is he... human?" Slenderman asked.

I slightly rolled my eyes.

"Of course he's human." I chuckled.

"He can't stay here." Slenderman said.

"B-but, Slendy. He's hurt." I whined like a child.

"No, Laura. We can't have any humans seeing us." Slenderman said.

"But, I'm human! How come you let me see you guys?" I asked.

Even with no face, I could tell he was trying to change the subject. Why was he trying to change the subject. I am human, aren't I?

"No. He's not staying here. That's final." Slenderman said.

"Can you at least heal him or something? He could die like this." I sighed.

"Take him to a hospital." Slenderman said.

I could tell by his tone, the discussion was over.

I walked outside to go tell Daniel the news, but he was gone.

"Daniel?" I said.

"Daniel, are you out here?" I said, a bit more loudly.

I walked through the woods, yelling his name every few seconds.

After about 20 minutes of searching, I gave up.

"Child, it's cold outside. You'll surely get frostbite if you don't come inside soon." Slenderman said.

He had teleported behind me when I wasn't looking, and his voice caused me to jump.

"B-But Slendy. Daniel's gone missing." I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"Shhh. Child. We'll find him. Don't worry. Maybe he walked to the hospital" Slenderman said.

I hoped Slendy was right.

I sighed and ran back into the mansion, closing the door.

Soon, Slenderman teleported in, and sat on the couch.

I picked up my phone and sent Daniel a text.

"Danny? Where'd you go? Is everything alright?" I texted, hoping he'd reply soon.

I hid my head in my hands, crying.

He probably ran away from me. I was a freak.

When me and Daniel started dating, I was a normal girl. It was the first day of my freshman year in high school, meaning I was one of the new kids. I was a loner for the first few weeks, until we had a science project. I was paired up with Daniel, and we hated each other for most of it.

I did most of the work, while he relaxed. We fought a lot about what to do for our project, and it was just terrible.

Our science teacher couldn't tell that we hated each other, so he kept making us partners. He said he did it because we 'worked well together.' Little did he know, I was the one who did all of the work