2. Escalators equal the obesity of America

^ Froy Gutierrez  as Brett West

"I think it's official that you scared off Jessica." I pointed as Jessica jumped out of the truck and made her way up to her brick house. Living in diamond estates, she seemed way to frail for sledding. She  had been a scaredy-cat the entire time. After an hour of her cowering from the fun, he finally gave up trying to get her to get on the sled and instead let her pout in the passenger seat.

"Not my fault she wasn't up for fun." Michael shrugged before putting the car back in drive.

"I think she had a whole other idea of fun in mind." Brett whispered and my eyes widened in response.

"I heard that!" Michael said causing Brett and me to crack up.

"Well. I'm going to drop you two off. Mom's staying out late tonight so... So will I... And, if she gets back and decides to ask, I'm over at Jake's?" Brett and I meet eyes and I bite my lip to stifle a laugh.

"I can see you!" Michael laughed watching us through the mirror.

"We're glad that you can see and hear Michael!" Brett shot back. "And how did you manage, after that whole sledding scenario, to succeed in asking Jessica to bone?" Despite the vulgarity of his question, I found myself awaiting Michael's response.

"Brett... Would it kill you to stay out of my business? I don't get all up in you two love birds business!" That was not at all the response that I had expected! Brett obviously shocked by his response shut his mouth and slunk back into the leather seat. 

Wanting to shut down Michael's assumptions I protested. "Brett and I are just friends. You should know that-"

"I was just kidding!" Michael paused. "At least my suspensions were completely erased when you jumped on my room!" He was referring to the fact that the day Michael said he was moving out half a year ago, the first thing that I had said was that I'd finally have my own room at the West's. It only took me a week to move some of the furniture into the back of Brett's car and move in a vanity, dresser, and a wardrobe into his room.

The thought of Brett and I being together was such a foreign thought. Sure I had thought about it before, but we were more friends than anything despite the fact every one of my friends thought differently. Sure I knew almost everything about him and I slept in his bed, but that was what friends did. You couldn't deny his looks though...

It didn't take long for us to be dropped off and get settled on the couch trying to decide a movie to watch on Netflix. Sadly, we had just got caught up with the walking dead so we put on Blended cause it was too soon to look for a new show. It didn't take long for us to get sidetracked and talk about anything that came to our head.

"I get what you're saying, however, escalators can kill you if you have a shoe untied!" I said.

"What!" Brett said outraged.

"You didn't know?" by the look on his face, I had my question answered. "Escalators will suck your shoestring into it and kill you!"

"What! No!" He shook his head disbelievingly  "Angel,  even if that were true. it wouldn't matter because people don't wear their shoes inside the house."

"You don't know that."

"Just think. You are so tired because of school and work and you just walk into your house. Wouldn't you just like to elevate using an escalator!?"

"Escalators equal the obesity of America!" I debated.

"America's already obese though."

"Not me though." I said slapping my flat stomach. "Though, some chocolate Hershey bars sound really good right about now." I put a finger to my chin and looked at him. "If only I had one."