32. A proposal?

The ending is very near...

5 days later

Michael was flying out here in a few weeks, to visit, and Brett and I couldn't be more excited. The deed to the house had been signed by Brett just three days ago and he now had an empty house that he had the claim of at the age of 18! With school starting in just a few days, we were scrambling to move out some of his furniture into the new house.

One room was steadily being unpacked, and it was the room Brett decided would work amazingly as a room for the band to meet.

"Excuse my French but fucking finally!" Garret enclosed me in a hug and I laughed.

"Yeah. So I guess I'm part of the band now?"

"Do you even have to ask?" Dustin said getting up from the drum stool he sat at and hugging me as well.

"There's something else I need to tell you guys..." I informed them of my talk with Dallas rider, head of Dallas productions and father of the girl I saved. Leaving no details out, I showed them the texts I had with him and told them that we had a little time before we had to at least give him a single. "I also wrote some lyrics to the one song we composed."

"You're a genius!" Garret screeched clearly impressed. Derik nodded his head and Brett wrapped a hand around my waist beside me.

Garret's attention went to Brett's arm and he smirked knowingly at me. "I see you two worked out." His wink causing me to redden. Brett looked down at me questioningly and Garret happily filled him in on my encounter with Garret that day he kissed me and I admitted to liking Brett.

"Who else did you admit your burning love for me before you told me?" Brett poked.

"The whole damn world." I retorted.

"I'm going to go puke now," Derrick stated causing Garett to chuckle.

I was officially part of the band. A few guitars were already hung up on the wall and Garret had brought over a bass of his, microphone, and speakers. There was a spot designated for the drums and it was all slowly but surely coming together. Behind the scenes, I had been texting Chris, the guy who helped save the girl from the lake, as I had remembered him telling me he played bass. Finally, after a few days of texting, Chris agreed to come in and show his skills off. For I knew Garret loved guitar far more than bass. Besides, all great metal bands have two guitar players!

Another thing that had happened unexpectedly was my mom texting me. It wasn't the action, but the things she texted!

Mom: Can you please call me? 1/1/19

Mom: Please? It's New Years?! 1/1/19

Mom: Id rather have told you over the phone. I have really failed you as a mother and I'm sorry. These past years since the divorce have been hard on me. I can't get better on my own and I know that you have given up on me and I don't blame you for leaving, as I have given up on myself. Therefore, I have admitted myself into rehab. If you ever need me, I'll be here. 1/2/19

Me: I haven't given up on you. I love you and if you truly want to get better, I would love to help you every step of the way. Brett just signed off on a house today so today had been busy. I'll call you later. 1/2/19

I did call her that night. For once she didn't sound drunk and for the first time in a while, I heard her motherly tone I hadn't heard for a while. Despite my fears of seeing my mom again, I promised her that I'd stop by every Monday and Friday to talk with her. It being Saturday, I had 2 days till I had to see her and for once I wasn't so scared. The only thing I was scared of was going there and seeing she wasn't better at all.

The times I wasn't talking to the band, working hard with Brett, or dealing with my mother, Brett and I had been having fun. Not just the dirty type, but going out to the bowling alley or just playing video games (which was the first thing Brett hooked up cause priorities). Life was really starting to fall into place.

We were practically done with moving, just two days before school started back up. The house was not a flashy house but a more on the considerate type of house. The outside looked like a smaller colonial house, with a door and 2 windows on the sides with black shutters and a garage connected to the edge of it. The house was in a growing neighborhood and I knew that sleep would be to a minimum for a while, as a new house was being built beside Brett's. It was quite a weird thought, for Brett to have his own house!

"What do you think?" He asked as he slung his arm around my shoulders. I pressed my lips to his before pulling back and rubbing in the cherry chapstick I had on my lips.

"I like anywhere you're at." Things between us seemed to be normally comfortable. Each minute around Brett seemed to be another second of happiness that surged through my being.

Brett took his tongue around his lips before popping his lips and grinning. "Cherry. How delicious."

"Want some more?" I flirted.

"Now that's a stupid question."

"There are no stupid questions."

"I will always want-" he pecked my lips. "More" peck, "and" peck "more" peck " of you." He kisses my forehead and I grasped his blue tee and pulled him closer.

"We could continue this inside, where we can get warm." I played with his shirt and he brought my jaw up towards him.

"As much as I'd love to, there's something I have to do first." The wind ruffles his hair into his chilly blue eyes and I was awe struck by this beauty in front of me.

"What's that Daddy West?"  I said adding on his sexy last name.

When he slowly lowered to his knees in front of me, my eyes widened.

We were outside! He can't eat  me out in public!"

I was about to protest when I saw his hand reach in his back pocket and put came a box that caused my hand to slap over my mouth.

A ring box.

Time seemed to slow as my thoughts ran wild. Like wildfire, my want to be swallowed by the earth put me into a sort of panic mode. I was only 17! Far too young to be proposed too, much less to be in a long enough relationship for a proposal! It was just 4 days ago that he confessed his love for me.

"Brett-" I let the fear and begging shine through my eyes as I stared down at him.

"Angelina-"

To be continued...