18. The present of life

Felt like uploading since I'm caught up with editing. Enjoy!!

It was Christmas Day and it was almost forgotten due to Christmas Eve's events. Not only did I save a little girl yesterday, but I had almost lost my virginity to Brett West; I almost lost my virginity to my best friend!

Touching each other wasn't losing your virginity, was it?

Out of curiosity, I consulted google to get my facts straight. Google confirmed my thoughts that you had to have intercourse. Now I felt weird and dirty. Better yet, I didn't know how to delete my history. I bet Brett does.

Shut up dirty mind!

Everything was suddenly dirtier in my thoughts. Just laying next to Brett seemed dirty. For some reason, I liked it!

I clicked off my phone and fought the urge to trace circles on his bareback.

Bare.

We were both practically naked and laying in bed together. It was normal to be in the same bed as him, but the absence of clothes was not. It didn't take long for my fingers to start tracing his back. I began to wonder if I really did want these lessons or if some part of me needed them.

BRETTS POV

I could not imagine a better way to wake up on Christmas Day. Her light fingers were sketching my back with who knows what, but it was electrifying. Everything she seemed to do, at this point, gave me a boner, it drove me crazy! At the lake yesterday when I offered to get the towels, I needed to fix my boner that was threatening to display through my swim trunks.

It was absurd to start these lessons, but I did not regret them one bit. It was the only thing I qualified that I was doing right. It would be a lie if I said I wasn't attracted to her before the lessons, but now that we had shared a moment of ourselves, everything had been amplified. Last night was a clear sign to me about what I saw stirring between us.

Whatever she was drawing stopped after a couple of minutes and I felt the bed shift a bit before I felt her cold back hit mine. She stayed like that, almost inviting me to wrap my arms around her. I turned slowly, as not to disturb her gentle breathing before I eclosed her in my arms. The warmth of our bodies was warmer than the sheets that covered us. Through the smell of sin, you could smell her bath and body works, Oahu spray along the skin of her neck. I couldn't help to nip at the sensitive skin there in the crook of her neck as she sighed.

ANGELINA'S POV

It took everything I had not to cry out as he nibbled my skin and instead, I let out a small sigh. Every kiss I received from his intoxicating lips made my insides buzz. His warm breath didn't help my aching core. I crossed my legs hoping to chill my body. A repeat of yesterday wouldn't happen. Yesterday was part of a lesson and today was something else?

I had realized that over the past week that I had been hoping for the lessons more and more since the day we first started lessons. Everything that we've been dealing with just made me crave it more and more. He was my drug, my escape, and I desperately wanted to hide behind the excuses that it was a lesson rather than my own selfish needs. What would happen if I did tell him that I wanted this to be more than lessons? Would one sentence break our friendship? Or would it make it into something more? It would kill me if I didn't have Brett as a friend, and it would kill me to not have these special moments that made me forget about some of the weight of the world that crushed us.

Us.

I needed us.

We had been together for 13 years and knew everything about each other, yet we were diving into a new territory that I had never been so excited and scared to traverse. His hungry kisses made me wonder if he craved this unexplored territory as much as I. Maybe the kisses were just a test to see if I was falling in love? Even though logic said no, fear kept my mouth shut.