12. Sing along part 1

^Madison Beer as Krissy

^Happy song by Bring Me the Horizon

The day had been crazy enough with Brett and I throwing water and dirt at each other, alongside the fact that we were tiptoeing around the fact that Michael had disappeared, much less the fact we were on our way to a Christmas party. There was a sinking feeling in my chest that Brett was going to try and play matchmaker with me tonight. All I could do was cross my fingers that Brett would spare me from hooking me up with someone tonight.

Now out of the house, I was ready for some fun. We were sauntering up the steps when the familiar jingle of jingle bell rock could be heard from the BOSE system inside. It smelled of firewood, which I guessed was probably aflame in the backyard. Brett pushed open the door where a horde of people spotted us. Few greeted us as we pushed into the crowd.

"Hey man!" Brett said giving a short handshake to a guy I didn't recognize. He had blue-dyed hair and bright green eyes that seemed bright and glassy. Definitely a drinker. Brett morphed into the dense crowd. Somehow, Amy had managed to spot me and grabbed my hand before pulling me through as well.

"Come on!" She ushered me in through the kitchen where several girls were gathered around drinking and laughing. I recognized five of the girls immediately.

"Angelina!" Ainsley said as she plopped a bar of chocolate into her mouth and smiled at me. Several greeting of, "Hey" followed as the people in the group noticed me and I gave a two-fingered wave.

"Mmm! Angel! The chocolate here is amazing!" Ainsley said. "Bite?" Just then someone shouted, "Truth or dare?"

"What is this? 5th grade!" Trish yelled as she handed me a cup of what smelled alcoholic.

Like hell, I was going to play truth or dare!

"Nah!" I said over the music. "I think I'm gonna grab a drink though!" I pointed over at the kitchen counter. After the incident of Trish's first drink, I was committed to never try one of her drinks again.

"It's just cake flavored vodka!" Trish said still thrusting it into my hand. I accepted it and brought it to my lips letting the liquid burn down my throat. Luckily, it was just as she said, cake vodka.

"Okay, so this is Harper Mendoza." Amy said pointing to a girl with raspberry blonde hair and was wearing a Santa hat atop of her head. Really, she looked like an identical twin to Regina George from mean girls. However, the smile she gave me said otherwise.

"She's my cousin from out of town." Ainsley piped in.

"And this is Kyla and Krissy ." Amy said dragging me towards two girls. One of them had black straight hair and big brown eyes. The other girl beside her stuck her hand out first. She seemed overly friendly and I shook her hand. "Kyla." She gave me a smile showing her white teeth. Her bottom lip had a piercing along with one to the right of her nostril poking out.

"Angelina." Taking my hand back, I complimented her, "love your hair!" Twisted in neat red curls, it resembled Ariel's hair in so many ways. Luscious red long curls that ran over her shoulders and down onto her green tight-fitting dress that hugged her knees. To top it all off, she had red high heels that made her look extremely tall.

"Thanks." She said as she released my hand to flip her hair back. "You look familiar? Have we met?"

"She's friends with Garret and Brett." Amy spoke before I had the chance.

"Oh! That's right!" Kyla said. "You went swimming with us!" Recognition flooded over her face. That swimming thing 3 years ago with the water slides and arcade? I had no clue who she was but I smiled and nodded my head as if I had remembered her. "Yeah! You beat me and garret at every game of air hockey!" Was it bad that I could only remember me beating Garret and some fat... Oh, wait!