17. Lesson 5-Pleasure

Arriving home, I could barely stand the silence. I switched the tv on plopped down on the couch hoping Netflix would clear my busy mind. Brett said, "goodnight" before leaving me to my thoughts, where I proceeded to replay this day and its craziness.

After about 20 minutes, I finally gave up and turned off the tv. I wandered into the guest bedroom where Michael should have been. All my thoughts pulled me down to the bad at that instant making me breakdown. My mom was trying to take me away, Michael had left to clean up a mess that wasn't his own, and Katie was all alone in the hospital where she was being drugged up. We were all suffering; Katie, Michael, Brett, my mom, and now I was at my snapping point with it all. School was quickly approaching and my brain started to wonder if I even bothered doing the homework when I was expected to be leaving? The days were quickly vanishing and few days were nearing, along with Christmas and new years, which surely marked my last days in Texas! I tried to curl up in the cold comforter to help soothe my tears but the coldness just made my heartache and my eyes water with more tears. It didn't help that I couldn't stand the tick of the clock hanging above the doorframe.

Having enough of that tick and the coldness in the room, I marched across the hallway to where I knew I would be comfortable. Brett noticed me and scooted over to envelop his arms over me. He dusted away a tear, slowly, and his eyes swarmed mine.

"She's going to be okay," Brett cooed, trying to soothe me. I held my tears from flowing for just a second before I responded with, "it's just everything." I said, dropping my eyes from his and to his chest.

"We're going to get through this together."

"I just don't see how everything is falling apart, so fast. Everything with your brother, Katie, my mother..." I took a steadying breath. "And now I'm going to lose you."

"We might be dealing with more," Brett said wiping away a tear. "But I'm not going anywhere."

His words caused a flutter of hope to build.

"I'll always be here for you, even miles away. I will call you every night if that's what it takes but I'm not letting you go." Despite Brett's soothing words, I rested my head on his chest and sobbed silently. Under his touch, I felt safe and able to freely cry without judgment.

Once calmed down, I looked back up to his face and he pulled his fingers through my hair slowly. His gaze made me shiver but his warm touch mesmerized me. Then, I decided to ask for a favor.

"Can I - I mean we??" I said completely shocked that I was even asking. "Can we have maybe another lesson?"Confusion radiated from his eyes and I felt myself mentally facepalm.

No words left his mouth as Brett turned me over onto my back, scaring me.

I had scared him! He was leaving!

"Brett!" I uttered before he confined me under his lips, making my eyes widen. It took a second for me to process that he was above me, pressing me down, and parting my lips with his tongue. My hands snaked into his hair before they traveled down his spine, to rest at his back. The pressure of his body against mine made me extremely aware of a certain part of him getting excited.

I moaned as I tried to move to a more comfortable position, rubbing an area that excited me. It was at that instant that he groaned showing me that I wasn't imagining it. I gasped as his lips explored down my neck pressing pleasant kisses everywhere he touched. When he kissed my favorite spot on my neck, I threaded my fingers back into his hair and gave a tug. Brett flipped us back over. Now I was on top. I sat up a bit again and rubbed in that one spot, making us both moan. I craved more of this so, I moved my body, creating friction as I caressed his neck. A few sounds escaped his lips as I did so making me feel like I was doing something right.