Chapter Nine

Okay my wonderful readers; I would like to inform you if you have not already noticed that I have started publishing a new story. This one is called Angels and Demons and is another ERERI fanfiction, and so far I have gotten wonderful reviews on it. :3

(Eren's POV)

I was so happy when Levi and Hanji told me they were going to let me go with them, but I didn't plan on being alone with Levi. Not that I don't think he's cool and all, but I seriously think he will leave me in a ditch if I say the wrong thing to him. Hanji told us that she needed to stay with Ymir and Krista for a little while, and I was going to have to go to the next job with Levi.

"So what are we doing?" I asked him again. He hasn't told me a lot since he started driving.

"We're driving. What does it look like we are doing?" He replied rudely. His actions to me have been surprising to say the least. Last time we saw each other we seemed to get along, but now he seemed to want nothing to do with me.

"Levi, what's wrong with you? The last time we talked you were a lot nicer to me, but now you are acting like you would want to be anywhere else." I asked.

"You should be at your house right now, and going to see a therapist or something. Not here wanting to live a life with no chance of a happy ending." He replied rather bluntly. Deciding it wasn't worth the fight I gave up. I'm here now, and that's all that matters. Once I prove to him that I can be helpful he will have to accept my lifestyle choices.

~ ~ ~

Sometime during the drive I passed out, and the sight I woke up to was frustrating to say the least. We were parked outside of my house. What the hell is this? I whipped my head around fast enough I could have gotten whiplash, and looked Levi dead in the eyes. He was sitting in the driver's seat looking at me.

"What the hell is this?" I quietly shouted at him.

"Well we're outside of your house, and I suggest you willing enter the house so I don't have to drag you in there and tie you to a chair." He replied evenly. Has he done this before?

"You wouldn't, and I am not moving." My judgement must have been wrong though because he opened the door and was making his way around the car to the passenger side. "Anyways, how could someone as small as you drag someone like me all the way into my house?" I pointed out as he opened the door, but that didn't seem to stop him from trying. "I am not going to go willingly so just give up!" I shouted, but realized that would be a mistake. My mom is probably inside that house right now. If she hears me there is no way I will be able to leave her again. Taking advantage of my momentary distraction Levi was able to pick me up and was carrying me to the door. To say it was awkward would be an understatement. Someone almost a foot shorter than me was carrying me. "Let go of me!" I started flailing and he dropped me on the cement sidewalk leading to the front door.

"Don't try to find me again." He said before turning around and quickly walking back to the car. Great. Now I have no choice. I turned back to my house and found that the front door was open and my mom had been watching the scene that had just played out. I expected her to be mad and yell at me, but she didn't.

"Who was that dear?" She asked me. Seeming to be more interested in the midget that just dropped me at the front door than the fact I had been gone for days without an explanation.

(Levi's POV)

"Yeah, I got rid of him. Now what was that job you were talking about?" I was talking to Hanji over the phone while I drove all the way back to her. Damn that brat. Can't he just do what's good for him?

"Okay, well it's in Clearwater, Florida. There have been five drownings in this month already." That was impressive saying it's only ten days into the month.

"Anything else that might make it worth our trip?" Even with the high amounts of drownings there has to be a little more information to go on.

"Yeah, seems like each of the victims went to the same bar before they died, and they have all been males."

"Do you think it could be a Siren?" I thought outloud.

"Seems like it." Hanji replied. "I've got to go. Erwin is trying to pick a fight with Ymir." She said before hanging up on me. I hope Erwin gets his ass kicked.

~ ~ ~

(Eren's POV)

Strangely it wasn't awkward when I got back. My mom didn't seem angry at all. She was making some hot chocolate. Though things have been going well so far I knew that hot chocolate meant a lecture was about to ensue.

"Eren, before I start saying anything I want you to know I am supportive of you no matter what." She said calmly, and I thought that was going to be it, but boy was I wrong. "But I don't think that spending the night with strangers is the way to cope with what happened." I nearly jumped out of the chair I was sitting in. She thought I slept with Levi!

"Mom you have the wrong impression! That's not what happened! I didn't have sex with anyone." I tried to clear the air.

"That's good to hear; though I wouldn't be upset if you did sleep with that man, he's very attractive." Oh hell no. Is this my punishment? She's going to embarrass me to death! "So Eren, could you please tell me why you were with him?" I knew I shouldn't tell anyone about this, but I couldn't keep it from my mom. She should know what really happened.

"First of all, his name is Levi. And well, what I am going to say you probably won't believe, but I promise you it's true. Mikasa and Armin were killed by a dragon thing called a cockatrice, and Levi and a friend of his killed it. I left to try and help them, but Levi brought me back here." The last part blended together, but my mother had already gotten used to my fast talking. She just nodded in response. "So, do you think I'm crazy now?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"No, not at all. I had a feeling something was strange about what happened to your friends. I just wish you never had to get into this mess." My mother swiftly got up and left the room. Is she calling the hospital or something to get me locked up? There is no way she would willingly accept that explanation. I got up from my seat and started walking out of the room to see what she was doing when she brought back some things. A few books with pages falling out, and an assortment of other small things.

"What's this?" I asked surprised.

"Well if you are planning on helping them you should at least know the basics. Chances are they won't allow you to help until you prove yourself. Read these." She handed me the stack of books.

"What are these books?" I asked her. In fact, what is going on? How does my mom know about this stuff?

"A few notes I have collected over the years. Most of them are stories, but you should read each and every one of them."

"How do you know this stuff?" I finally asked out loud.

"I've been known to help hunters get in touch with each other every once in awhile. It's the least I could do." Her face looked sorrowful as though she remembered a bad memory.

"What happened?" I asked. It seems like now she is the one that is going to need to do some explaining.

"You should sit down, this is going to be a long story. Though I don't really know the names of the people involved anymore. It's been a while and I have met so many people, but the events are as clear as can be."