Chapter Twenty-One

(Levi's POV)

Hanji got back with bad news. She wasn't able to find the things we needed, but we still have to get out of here. The angel visited her in her sleep last night. That means it won't take long for it to realize what we are doing. Eren isn't making things better either; he had promised me that he wouldn't push himself anymore, but I have found him messing with his powers twice today already.

"Eren, would you stop being a moron?" I asked when I saw him trying to move his bag into the trunk of the car using his powers. It was early morning, and it seemed like everyone but Eren is tired. Hell even Hanji looks like she could use some sleep.

"I'm sorry I couldn't find anything Levi. There is ways to hide from angels, but it's a lot harder than I was hoping for." Hanji yawned while she talked.

"Well we can't always win, can we? Also I heard something interesting from the brat. How long have you and Eyebrows been a thing?" I decided to ask. Hanji stared at me with a tired expression for a few seconds before what I had just said registered in her cloudy brain. She looked shocked for a second; then smiled.

"Not too long. Sorry we kept it a secret, but I know how much you despise him." She paused before adding something that surprised even me. "I know this probably sounds crazy, but I want to stay with Erwin and find a way that will hide you from the angels. It would be easier if only one of us were to go with Eren and one of us working solely on that." Hanji said before realizing something. "Okay, that may be a little bit of a lie; I really want to stay with Erwin. I mean you have Eren now, and he could be a lot better at everything than me." She knew she could never keep a lie from me, and I already knew her selfish reason for it before she said it.

"What do you expect me to do? Force you to come with? If you want to stay with Erwin then go ahead." I told her calmly, but inside I was freaking out. I don't want to be alone with Eren. He's already lost control of himself and taken some of my life force when we kissed. If something like that happens again, and he doesn't snap out of it, he will kill me. I kept my worries to myself though.

"Thank you so much!" Hanji said cheerfully and tackled me into a hug. "I won't stop searching for a way to get the angels to back off. You will always have me to come to if you have any problems." She said and ran off to find Erwin. Now time to tell Eren. He had already taken a seat in the back. Maybe I should just let him stay there?

"Eren, Hanji isn't coming with us." I told him bluntly.

"What? Why?" He asked shocked.

"She's going to be staying with Erwin to keep looking for something that might help us." Eren had already made the move to sit next to me; seeing that he now didn't have to fit into the cramped back seat.

"Are you okay with that?" He looked skeptical.

"Of course. Keeping the angels away from you is a top priority, but we are also going to have to keep demons from you as well. They haven't showed up at all, so we didn't think of it until recently. If they find you they would probably want to use you for something."

"Well too bad. I'm not going to listen to what demons say. They're assholes." Eren's comment made me force back a laugh. I've never thought of it that way, but I guess he's right. Demon's are assholes. "Where are we going to be heading now?"

"Well I guess there's not a lot to do." I started thinking. Maybe starting to teach Eren about what a real hunt is like would be a good thing, but then I would have to find one or maybe make him do all the boring work. "Why don't we start hunting?" I said with a smirk.

(Eren's POV)

When Levi offered me to help him with a hunt I was full of enthusiasm, but boy was I naive. This has to be the most confusing thing since math class. Levi said it was simple; "All you have to do is look for impossible news stories and coincidental deaths." If only it was that easy! I have been searching for hours, and would tell Levi whenever I found something that seemed to fit the description he wanted, but he told me it was nothing worth investigating every time! What must I do to find something worth investigating?