Chapter Fourteen

(Eren's POV)

The light in the cave went out. I was expecting the light to be turned back on, but that never happened. Instead my captor left it off and began speaking as though the pitch blackness of the cave wasn't bothersome.

"So you are completely unaware that you aren't human? I don't think I have ever met something as dumb as you." I heard footsteps, but the sound bounced around the room. Now I have no idea where he is. "Well I can't help you with telling you what you are, but I can say for sure you aren't a Nix like me." Yet again more footsteps. "The only good thing about this is that I can use you to get those hunters here. After that I don't know what to do with you. Maybe drag you to the bottom of the ocean; that's always fun." I felt those arms wrap around my shoulders again.

"Get off of me." I said; now that I am not able to see him I feel much more confident. Why that makes any sense, I don't know.

"What are you going to do about it?" The Nix whispered into my ear. I was about to respond when there was a light coming from a part of the cave. It looked like a light that was under water. That must be how the Nix can enter and leave this cave. What is the light coming from? "Looks like your friends are here." I heard someone get out of the water.

"Levi? Hanji?" I called into the darkness. The light landed on me.

"Eren." I heard Hanji's voice but couldn't see her behind the light of her flashlight. A waterproof flashlight; that's handy. Another person with a flashlight made their way into the cave. Levi!

"Well everyone's here now." The Nix said and walked to the other side of the cave and turned on lights that were strung up around the cave. "Now let's begin the intervention. It seems as though none of you know Eren's dirty little secret. Are you interested in finding out?" Even though he knew they were here to kill him the Nix was confident.

"I'm not interested in anything you have to say." Levi bluntly said. He pulled out a pouch and a piece of paper. What is he doing?

"I would drop those if I were you." In a flash the Nix was behind me again with his hands on my shoulders, and as soon as I felt his hands on me I couldn't breathe. My lungs felt like they were full of water, and everytime I coughed some water out more would take it's place. Levi set the bag and paper down while glaring at the Nix. "Now then it seems like your friend here doesn't even know he's not human. Shouldn't you be able to tell? I mean you are hunters after all."

"What the hell are you going on about?" Levi spat.

"Well this is a sad sad time. Hunters can't even tell what's human or not anymore. Not that I'm complaining." When I felt the Nix move from behind me I let out a sigh of relief, but that relief was quickly smothered. He sat on me with his legs draped over one of my arms. "Well I just thought it best for you to know, and another thing. I know you think I am killing those guys, but I'm not. I just have been warning them. You know the whole death omen part of Nix lore. Those drunken morons fall into the water and drown on their own. Now if you don't mind; I'll be going." The Nix kissed my cheek before standing up. Levi moved quickly to pick up the supplies, but the Nix ran to him and whispered something to him. That made him stop just long enough for the Nix to exit out of the way they had entered.

"Shit, Levi!" Hanji yelled and shook him out of his dazed state. After making sure Levi was going to be fine she came over to me and untied me from the chair.

"Thank you so much." I said and hugged Hanji right away. Levi walked up to me and gave me a glare that told me I wasn't safe just yet.

"What the hell did that freak mean by you're not human?"

"I-I don't know." I responded honestly.

"Levi, now's not the time. We can talk about it when we make it back to the hotel. I hope you're up for a swim Eren."