Party

Catgirl
I immediately sat up, drenched in cold sweat. My heart was beating rapidly. I took a deep breath. Ken perked up and put a hand on my shoulder.
"Nightmare again?" He asked. I nodded.
A day has passed and I have been scared of sleeping ever since. I had gotten so scared the other night that Ken had to come. We defeated Manar. I told everyone the truth and they, surprisingly, didn't mind. I felt better that the did. But the illusions that Manar gave me still haunted me. I felt really bad for waking Ken every time. I leaned into him.
"Sorry," I said.
"Hey, it's all right. Which one was it?"
"Spiders."
"Tarantellas, huh?"
"Yeah. They're the worst." I shivered as I remembered them. Ken was warm.
"Hey, lighten up!! We have a party tomorrow anyway! It's gonna be fun."
I nodded. I closed my eyes again and managed to go into a restless sleep.
Disperance
I woke up. Sofia's head was lying on my chest. I smiled. The way she slept was peaceful. I gently laid her head in her pillow and got up. I pulled on a shirt and changed my pants. I went into the bathroom and got ready for the day.
Today is going to be a fun day. I can just feel it!! I should wake up Sofia. I combed my hair and went outside the bathroom and went over to the asleep Sofia.
I shook her shoulder. "Sofia!" I called. "Hey, wake up! Party remember? C'mon." She groaned and rolled over. I smiled. I pulled her eyes.
"What?!!" She snapped. I chuckled.
"Wake up, party! Remember?" I reminded, pulling her out of bed. I pushed her into the bathroom and shut the door.
It took her a while but she came out. "Who's preparing the party?" She asked.
"M'gann as usual," I answered. She changed and shoved in some shoes. She opened the door and I followed her out. Streamers and balloons where hung everywhere. On one side were the food and drinks. On the other were games and activities. And in the middle was the dance floor. I watched as M'gann flew around, fixing everything.
She saw us a flew down. "Hi!" She greeted. "You're the first ones up!"
"Really? I thought we'd be the last ones," Sofia replied.
I walked around, inspecting everything. "This is really nice, M'gann!" I complimented.
"Well you've got my telekinetic powers to thank too!" M'gann replied with a smile.
Then everyone came swarming in. "Party time!!!!" Bart cheered, zipping around. Music began to blast on. The zeta tubes began to call out names as people came.
Sofia was talking to Cassie. Bart zoomed in front of me. "Hey, Ken!!!"
"Hello, Bart," I replied. I grabbed a cup of juice. "This place is pretty cool when it's party time."
"You bet!! Ohhh! Wally and Artemis came too!!!" He cried and super speeded to them. I smiled. I can never get use to that.
Catgirl
I walked around with Cassie.
I'm not much of a dancer. So I went to the activities. Cassie was talking about Tim. Again. I knew she liked him. They would be a cute pair.
We started to draw when the archer Artemis and the speedster Wally came over.
"Hey, Cass!" Artemis greeted with a warm smile. "And you must be Sofia! Dick told me all about you!!"
"Dick?" I asked with a blank expression. "That's a name right?" Artemis's eyes widened. Wally gave her an annoyed look. "Oh! He didn't tell you."
"Yeah, he doesn't tell anyone," Wally snapped.
"Oh! Dick is Nightwing!" I cried. "I am so gonna stick this in his face!!" I laughed at the thought.
"Don't tell him!!" Artemis warned, but she was smiling. "He also told me you're a good fighter, almost beat up the whole Justice League! I'm impressed!"
"Yeah! How was it! Did you get to beat Superman?!" Wally asked.
"No. But I beat up Wonder Woman," I replied. Wally high fived me. "And you know that almost beating up the Justice League is a bad thing, right?"
"Yeah, but it's almost," Wally replied mischievously. I grinned.
"Nice meeting you, Sofia!" Artemis said. Then they walked away.
It wasn't such a bad day. In fact, it was great!! Better then ever!!! My mom is alright. My friends are great. And Manar is dead, so no worries!!! I actually like being a superhero!!!!