Part 3

MLxPG-part 3
~~~~

'Lee?'

'Yeah, Gummie?'

Gumball placed his head on Marshall's chest.

'I love you.'

The king smiled. 'Love you too.'

Just then a big storm cloud came over the candy kingdom, and out of it a tornado came down and pulled in Prince Gumball.

'Gumball!' Marshall reached out for his boyfriend, but his feet wouldn't move.

All he could do was watch as the love of his life was taken away from him.

----

Marshall Lee gasped and sat up from shock.

His vision still clouded from sleep, he looked around the closet he was in, and he noticed out the small window that it was night time.

'How long was I asleep?' He thought to himself, 'And where's Gumball?'

He got up from his place on the floor and floated over to the bedroom door, opening it slightly.

He heard voices, one of them being Gumball's and the other he couldn't recognize, but he knew that it was a man's voice.

"Yes. I understand but--...yes, I.......alright." Was all he could get out of what Gumball had said.

Marshall heard footsteps coming towards the door, so he quickly hid back in the closet.

The door shut. "Marshall? You can come out, it's me," said Gumball.

The vampire smiled seductively as he came out of the closet. (Pun intended, sorry.)

He walked up to Gumball and kissed his neck. "You kept me waiting for so long that I fell asleep," he said as he lifted up the prince's shirt.

Gumball pushed Lee away from him. "Stop it, Marshall."

"Oh right, privileges. Sorry..."

"No it's just..I can't do this.."

Marshall Lee could see the sad look in Gumball's eyes, he floated over to him, and placed his hand on his cheek.

"Gummie, whats wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just...Marshall..I have to talk to you about something. Sit down, please."

The elder boy followed the instructions and sat next to his boyfriend on the bed.

"Marshall..there's been some..talk about us in the Candy Kingdom.."

"Talk?"

"Yes, talk. Apparently..some of the citizens have seen us..kissing. And um..that spread through the kingdom very quickly. And very quickly all the way to Peppermint Maid and the Bubblegum Guardians...and they're not happy about it.."

Marshall started to understand where this was going, and stood up.

"Gumball...do not.."

"Marshall...this isn't exactly the easiest thing to say.."

"It's not the easiest thing to hear either!" Marshall shouted. "I can't believe you're doing this to me right now, and I know I can be an ass sometimes, but that's not fair!"

Gumball started to tear up and he felt like his heart was gonna explode. "Lee, listen to me. That's not why I have to end this.."

"Then why?!"

"Because they told me that if you and I don't break up, they'll...eliminate you.."

Marshall Lee froze. "..Wha.. what the flip?! That's messed up!"

"I know that! And if we don't break up..I wouldn't be able to handle that. I would die," Gumball started to cry at the thought.

Marshall floated over to the candy prince and held him close. "Don't cry, Gummie, it's only making me feel worse."

"I can't help it...losing you would be like getting stabbed in the chest over and over again for the rest of my life, but I don't want you to leave me," Gumball replied.

"Ugh, this whole thing is scronking up my brain!" Marshall sighed and looked sadly at Gumball. "But if you want me to live..we have to do this, alright?"

Gumball cried and nodded his head into Marshall's chest.

The king kissed Gumball's forehead, picked him up, and layed him on the bed.

He then floated over to the window and looked at his love for the last time. "Bye, Gummie. I love you."

Gumball forced a slight smile. "I love you too. Don't go finding another boy, you won't find anyone as good as me."

Marshall smiled at the comment and flew out the window.

Gumball turned over into his pillow and sobbed for the rest of the night.

And Marshall went home and wrote at least five songs about Gumball.

Each song had their own tear stains.