Part 7

BlueInked: Oh my gosh you guys, I just read the most depressing Gumlee/Gumshall fic ever. It was really good but now I'm depressed af, so it's called Hidden Feelings by TaylorVanityMonroe and it's on here. Read it only if you're up for a good, yet sad story. BUT ANYWAY, I'm just gonna force this part of Drifting so I can feel better about my life. I apologize in advance if it sucks since I'm forcing it. Love you guyssss!

----------------------------------------------

Gumball woke up to a slightly dark room and a dead arm. He pulled his arm out from under whatever was on it and sat up onto his butt. He realized it was Marshall that had been on his arm. He must've fallen asleep on it while they were cuddling.

His moving about caused the vampire to stir.

"Gum?"

Gumball could barely see, but he found his way to Marshall's lips and kissed him softly. "Morning. Or should I say night? I'm not sure."

Marshall gave him a sleepy chuckle and he pulled Gumball onto him so that he was laying on his chest. "My curtains block out most of the light. It's probably morning."

Gumball smiled, but it faded when he remembered something. "Oh, glob. I forgot about everything! The Bubblegum Guardians are gonna kill me when they find out that I'm gone!"

Gumball quickly got up and ran downstairs. Marshall sighed and floated after him.

Once Marshall got downstairs, he saw Gumball scrambling to get dressed, and he smirked when he remembered that they were both naked still.

'Last night was fun..' He thought.

Once Gumball had his clothes on, he noticed Marshall floating there and he blushed when his eyes set on...something.

"Marshall...you're naked.." The Prince said.

Marshall's smirk stayed as he floated over to Gumball and hugged him from behind. "I know," he stated.

The candy prince giggled and struggled to get away from him. "Haha stop it Marshall! I have to go!"

The vampire picked Gumball up and pinned him onto the floor underneath him. "I don't think you do."

Gumball blushed more and turned his face away from him. "I know what you're trying to do and it's not gonna work, Lee."

"What's that exactly?"

"Stop.."

Marshall kissed him and let him go. "Alright, alright. No matter how much I hate it, you do have to go. And you have to tell them about us and that you want us to be together," he said as he floated upstairs to get dressed.

The prince got up and fell silent. Marshall came back down with sweatpants on, but no shirt. He floated into the kitchen and grabbed a pack of strawberries out.

"Want some?" He asked Gumball.

Gumball shook his head. "Not hungry.."

"I'm starved," he picked up two strawberries and sucked the red out if them. He looked over to Gumball who had a sad look on his face, "What's wrong, Bubba?"

'I haven't heard that nickname in a while..' Gumball thought.

"Nothing, it's just...I don't know if I'm 100% ready to tell them yet.."

Marshall frowned. "What do you mean? You're gonna have to tell then sometime..."

"I know, but, I'm scared of what they'll do. They're capable of doing anything to me! Even brainwashing me so that I can't remember you, or Fionna, or Cake, or LSP, or anybody important to me so that I only focus on my princely duties! They might even make me stay in my room forever unless I have to come out for something royal! I'm scared, Marshall..I'm really scared," he started to tear up, "I don't know what I'd do if I forgot you.."

Marshall floated over to him and hugged him. "It's okay, Gummy...we'll think of something to convince them."

Gumball sniffled. "I love you.."

Marshall kissed his forehead. "Love you too. And I have an idea," he said as he went over to his coat rack and grabbed one of his hoodies.

"That was fast," Gumball stated.

"Well, just a slight one. We can have Fionna and Cake help us figure out a real plan!"

"How? They don't even know about us.."

"We'll tell them. I know Fionna had a little crush on you before, but she has Flame Prince now so it'll be fine!"

'Even though I told Fionna a long time ago, you just don't know that, so I'll play along,' Marshall Lee thought to himself.

"Um, I don't know Lee.."

"Trust me. And if things get violent, I'll turn into my vampire form and knock some sense into her."

"Uh...okay I trust you."

"Yes! But we'll save that for another day. Right now you have to go back to the castle."

"Oh yeah. I don't know how I forgot so fast. Well I'm not busy tomorrow, so I'll see you tomorrow, Marshall. Bye," he kissed the vampire for a long time and then smiled as he walked out of the house.

Marshall looked at his prince through the window as he walked away.

"This had better go in my favor. I've gone through too much already."