Part 4-Marshall

*Knock Knock*

"Marshall? You in there?" Fionna called.

Marshall Lee pretended not to hear his friend and shoved his head further under the pillows.

Fionna knocked on the front door once again. "C'mon you butt! I know you're in there!"

Marshall groaned as he sat up and floated to the door. He opened it, "What do you want Fionna?"

Fionna gaped at him. "Oh my glob, Marshall, what happened to you?"

His eyes were red with puffy lids underneath and dark circles, his hair was like a bird's nest, and his clothes had stains all over them, not to mention they reeked.

Fionna covered her mouth and nose to block out the smell. "Ugh..you reek."

"Thanks for coming over to insult me..." He replied, floating back to his room.

Fionna followed behind him into the house, which also smelled terrible. "No it's just..why are you all depressed looking?"

The vampire sat on his bed and started strumming at his bass. "No reason..really."

"Sure. I think I know you well enough to say that you're a liar."

"Say what you want.."

"Oh come on Marshall."

"Glob, Fionna. Are you just gonna keep pestering me?"

"Yes."

"Find then," he stopping strumming, "..Gumball broke up with me."

Fionna gasped slightly. "..oh..I'm sorry Marshall I didn't mean to-"

"It's whatever..you didn't know.."

They sat in silence for a minute. "Um," Fionna started, "do you wanna talk about it?"

Marshall looked at her from the corner of his eye. "..not really..but it might help me feel a little better.."

"Okay, only if you're fine with it. Why did he break up with you?"

"Apparently someone spotted us together and the Bubblegum guardians don't approve of us being..together.."

"And Gumball didn't stop them?!"

"No. The guardians told him that if we keep seeing each other..they'll kill me. But he could've stopped them, I'm just trying to figure out why he didn't. Do you think he didn't love me enough to do it?"

"He obviously loved you, Marshall. Maybe even more than you love yourself."

"Then maybe I did something that made him not want to be with me anymore," Marshall Lee replied.

"Can you think of anything?"

The vampire pondered for a moment and blushed. "Um..well..I did keep trying to um..have "relations" with him..maybe he felt pressured."

Fionna shook her head. "Marshall Lee, you cannot force people to do those kinds of things."

"I know, I know. Maybe I'm just a pervert.."

"You think?!"

"Shut up, Fionna!"

Fionna laughed. "I think Gumball was just scared to lose you. You can't blame him for not trying to stop them, he was only thinking of you."

Marshall sighed. "You're probably right."

"I'm always right. But anyway, you should get dressed and fix your hair. I need to get you out of here for a little while. Y'know, to get your mind off things."

"I don't know, Fi.."

"Get dressed!!"

"Okay! By the way, what's that pocket on your shirt?"

"Oh, Cake's in here," she opened the pocket, "'Sup Cake?"

Cake meowed.

BlueInked: Okay, so I know this chapter was super short, but I wanted to have Marshall's part and Gumball's part separate, so, Gumball's part will be the next part. I hope you guys like the story so far!

Next part should be up September 15, 2013