A Prologue.

A Prologue:

Jessica's POV: After

"Eli, come on please be quiet..." I whispered silently into my wailing child's ear. He's been nonstop crying for the past two hours and I've literally tried everything from feeding, changing his diaper, changing his clothes, rocking him, burping, anything just to get him to sleep for a little while. I've been a mother for two months and I feel like the worst one ever,  I live with my parents who are kind enough to help me out but I still feel utterly lost and helpless.

    I love Elliot to death and he's the best thing that's ever happened to me, I just wish that Parker and Daniel were here, I miss them so much and since they've been gone... my life just isn't how it used to be. Daniel would probably die if he knew I first of all was pregnant and now have a baby boy, and I think Parker would be six feet under soon enough if Daniel only knew. I know that I'll have to tell them eventually but to be completely honest I'm super insecure and anxious about how they'll react, especially Parker.

    "Jessica, how long have you been up?" My mother says softly, suddenly bringing me back to reality. When I look at the clock I notice that I've been up for longer than I thought and Elliot is still in my arms, now looking peaceful as ever.

    "Um, probably since four, I think." I say a little dazed and unsure because of my lack of sleep in the past 24 hours.

    "Honey, I think you should get some rest, I'll watch Elliot for today." I nod slowly before getting up and putting Elliot back into his crib that's right next to the rocking chair in the nursery. My mother smiles empathetically at me as I crawl into my bed and quickly fall into unconsciousness.

~ ~ ~

    My sleep was once again awoken by Elliot which had become a routine for us now. My mother was rushing in to come get him by the time I was already up and changing his now dirty diaper. I smiled kindly at her and waved her away with my hand, signalling that I could take care of it. My nap made me feel rejuvenated and like I could conquer the world, most likely because it's the most sleep I've gotten consecutively in at least two days. Once Elliot was taken care of, I walked downstairs tickling the adorable little monster in my arms. Mom, Dad, and Cathleen, Parker's mom, were all in the kitchen. Immediately I was ambushed by Cathleen who wanted nothing more than to hold onto Eli. She's been an amazing support for me ever since she learned I was pregnant and I'm so grateful for her and my parents.

    As I get my coffee ready, which has become my best friend for the past couple of months, an obvious tension settles in the room. A feeling in my gut tells me I'm not going to exactly like what's coming next so I prepare myself for the worst which I hope isn't correct.

Please don't be right. Please don't be-

"Jess, I think you should come sit down, we have some news for you..." My dad says tentatively. My main concern in my head is Daniel and Parker's safety, I hope and pray nothing happened. Once I'm sitting down, my parents and the person I think of as a second mother tell me the second worst news I could have predicted.

"Jessica, Daniel and Parker have finished their tour and they're coming home next week."

~*~*~*~*

Hey Guys!

So I decided to start a new story, this one is a bit different and I hope you like it! Let me know your feedback by voting and commenting!

bookworm