A Panic.

Chapter Two: A Panic.

Jessica's POV: After

Breathe In. Breathe Out. Breathe In. Breathe Out.

Okay, just stay calm, there's nothing to worry about. You should be happy, they'll be safe and everything will be fine. I'll continue life how it is: Elliot and my college courses being my main priorities.

"Jessica, are you alright sweetie? Aren't you happy that they're coming home?" Cathleen asked cautiously. They all knew that I hadn't told my brother or Parker about the baby and they've respected my decision but let's face it, they're coming home next week and sooner or later they'll find out. I prefer the latter though.

Elliot seemed to save me from the awaiting questions that my family would inevitably ask me as he started up crying again meaning that it was time for breakfast or a diaper change. Silently I took him from Cathleen and smiled at my family before heading upstairs to take care of Eli.

~

When I emerged from my room an hour later the entire house was silent. Elliot went to take a morning nap and it seemed like the rest of the house decided to go on with their days, this was horrible for me though because I was left alone with my thoughts and right now I don't want to deal with having to face the inevitable. There are so many things that I need to process like:

1) Parker and Daniel are coming home after almost a year of being gone.
2) Both Daniel and Parker don't know about Elliot.
3) I haven't contacted Parker since I found out I was pregnant.
4) Parker is Elliot's father and he has no clue.

I feel like such an idiot, I could have avoided all of this if I had just out right told them about my pregnancy in the first place but I didn't because I'm an insecure idiot. I'm so horrified of what Daniel and Parker will say when they find out; I figured I could put off telling them. I've known that I'd have to eventually tell them but I don't want to, imagining the disappointment on my brother's face is enough to make my self-esteem go down the drain. All of my teenage years he's told me about how all boys are stupid at this age and has done everything in his power to make me the most undateable person at my high school because all of the boys feared Daniel's wrath. Except one of them.

I wish I didn't have to tell Parker either, he always had so many things that he wanted to accomplish, none of which included being a father at 19. Then in August, he was leaving to go to bootcamp with the promise to come back safely. I found out I was eight weeks pregnant in October and since that day I haven't spoken or contacted to him. He sent me letters but they still sit, sealed, on my bookshelf, the last one I received is from last week.

"Why did everyone have to leave so that I'm alone with my thoughts?" I asked out loud to the empty living room.

~

"Jess! Jessica! Guess what you'll never believe what they had on sale at the store!" My mom called from downstairs.

"One minute I'm just finishing up the laundry." I yelled back from Eli's nursery where I was putting away the rest of his little onesies. Since I've had Elliot I don't think I've ever done so much laundry in one day.

"Hi sleepy boy! Let's go see grandma." I said, smiling down at Elliot who had just woken up from napping. Picking him up, I hurried downstairs to see what mom bought.

"Okay so you'll never believe this but at the store they had diapers on for 20% off so I bought two really big cases of them for Eli!" My mom told me as soon as I got into the kitchen.

"Mom! That's crazy, thank you so much but you really didn't have to do that! Thank you, really!" I said whilst going in for a hug with Eli still on my hip.