A Welcome.

Chapter Eleven: A Welcome.

Parker's POV: After

"It looks like we're finally home Parker." Daniel turned to me as he spoke the words I had been dying to hear ever since we left. Unfortunately we weren't completely free yet but at least this next year of our contracts would be a little better than spending more time in a war zone.

"Do you think that they'll be surprised? We are home a week earlier than we said we'd be." I pondered out loud to Daniel. He just shook his head and a huge smile overtook his face.

"I could care less if they are surprised or not, I'm just excited to be home after what seems like forever." I nodded along because the truth is that the only thing that kept us both going was the thought of this moment exactly. All we ever talked about was coming home and finally getting to see everybody once again and I knew that Daniel and I were going to cherish every moment that we had with our family's from now on.

"I'll see you this afternoon when we come over for family dinner, okay?" I said to Daniel as he pulled over in front of my house. He agreed that he'd see me later and than when both of my feet were on the ground he was racing down the street towards his house. I watched until his car was out of sight and before I knew it I was paying back at the house that I hadn't seen since the day I left. Not much had changed from the looks of it but I knew that a lot had actually happened since last year.

I made my way slowly, almost cautiously, up to the front door using the same path that I had walked a million times before. When I raised my hand to ring the bell I knew that this was it, I was finally home. The door opened and I was soon face-to-face with my father who didn't even let me say 'hi' before pulling me into his embrace. My mom soon came to see who was at the door and when my dad pulled away I was embraced by my mom who was sobbing silently as she clung onto me.

"You do know that I need to breathe at some point mom." I teased as my mom let go of me and dragged all of us inside to the living room.

"Is that any way to treat you mother after she hasn't seen you in a year." My mom chastised even though she had a huge smile on her face. I laughed because this is exactly like it has always been with my mom. My sister came downstairs then and walked right past the living room and continued into the kitchen. She seemed clueless to what was going on but then she walked backwards back towards us all standing there waiting to see if she'd realize what she just walked past.

"AHHHH!!!" Jane yelped as she flung herself into me. She pulled away soon enough and was firing a million questions my way before I could even get a word in. My mom then started to chime in with her own questions as I struggled to keep up with all of their jumbled talking. My dad laughed and suggested that we all calm down and try to have a civilized conversation, I'm going to have to thank him later for saving me from my sister's and mom's 20 questions.

~

"Hey Daniel! What a surprise to see you, I thought that you were with your family." My mom said as she opened the door to, Daniel? He smile politely at my mom and after the rest of the family welcomed him home he stepped up to me and asked if we could talk, privately. I knew by his face that he was not happy but I was confused on whether he was sad or angry.

When we went up to my old bedroom, Daniel closed the door behind him and started to pace back and forth across the floor. I sat down at my desk and waited for him to explain why he came here when earlier he was all excited and giddy about seeing his family.

"A baby? Can you believe that! She never even bothered to mention it, do you know how many times she could have told me too? I'm so mad at her for keeping this from me, how could she?" Daniel started ranting as he continued to pace.