1. The Auction

The ombre plait is her hair colour and the waterfall plait is the hair style. Thanks,
Fangirl Legacy
---

I didn't want to be auctioned off. But I had to because it was my 'duty' as a young lady to become a maid and get married before I am eighteen. I'm currently sixteen turning seventeen in a few months. All the eligible mens name's are tattooed on my left wrist, if they're too far away, dead, or won't love me their name will magically disappear. Since I'm right next to the auction arena there are about 50 names all over my arm but most will disappear as soon as I step into the arena.

I remember how I got myself into this mess, it was just to save the Brown's family. I can still remember all seven of the children's names Chrisse, Aggie, Sebastian, Lily, Tora, Eric and Last but not least Simon. Their Aunt Adelaide wanting to take two girls to 'Stitch manor' to help them become ladies. Evangeline volunteered to go and so did I even though we aren't related to the Browns. So off we went, eventually Evangeline got married to Mr Brown and I went to a boarding school for girls and eventually, got to where I am now. My number is 192 and the higher your number the more you're worth. I'm so nervous my hands are shaking so badly and I just hope I don't get sold to someone nasty and who has very horrible children.

"Now number 191, she's a very educated, kind and caring young lady. She loves children and hopes to have her own one day." The auctioneer says as the girl sitting beside me stands up and walks out the door and into the auction room. 'Five minutes, that's all it takes' I remember Ellie the caretaker saying to me before I hoped on the carriage to get here. She was a nice old lady who had been at my school, 'Wooldridge College' for over fifty years.

"Going twice... Sold! To the young man in the nice bowler hat." The auctioneer says, I stand up and get ready to walk into the auction room. Repeating the rules in my head.
Rule #1: Be a lady.
Rule #2: Do what your told.
Rule #3: Once sold, wear your laced hat to cover your face until 6:00pm.
And that was it, my laced hat is a wide brimmed light blue hat to match my dress with some sort of lace coming down and covering my face. It goes all the way around before stopping and coming inwards and stopping again just infront of my ears.

"Now gentlemen, we now have 192. Shes a fine young lady, the most educated in her class, is kind, caring and very beautiful."

I step through the door and onto the stage.

"Now 192, could you give these fine gentlemen a twirl." The auctioneer continues.

I do what I'm told and keep walking around the stage. I stop in the middle of the stage, like I practised and look around. Hundreds of men everywhere. Young, old, rich, poor and even children all looking at me.

"Let's start of with £50, 50."

"£100"

"£150"

"£250!" A man with a thick British accent yells.

Wow. That's a lot of money, I don't think I'm even worth that much.

"250, 250. I'll do 255. Going once." All is silent. "Going twice... Sold! To the young man at the back." The auctioneer yells.

That's it. I'm sold.