7. Mark

"Look Harri! I can touch the sun!" Aggie yells at the top of her lungs.

"Yeah! Can I touch it?" I ask

"No! Its mine!" She giggles.

I roll my eyes, "Alright, just remember it's good to share."

I feel a presence from behind me. I turn to see Mark standing behind me. Watching me.

"Don't you think staring is a bit creepy?" I ask trying not to be rude.

"Not if it's a beautiful creature like you." He says winking at me with his blue orbs."What sister are you anyway?" He asks taking a step closer to me. Being uncomfortably close.

"The taken one and I would suggest breaking up with Tora now before she comes back to kill you."

"She won't kill me, she's too in love with me." He answers cockily.

"You know I can just tell her the truth in a second, aye."

"Please dont! I'll do anything! If my parents found out! Please don't tell!" He beggs.

"Don't tell what?" Aggie asks innocently.

"Aggie, go play with Simon he needs some help picking some apples."

"Will he put me on his shoulders like Daddy does?"

"If you ask him nicely he might."

"Yay!" She squeals running towards Simon.

"Get rid of them." I whisper into Mark's ear before following Aggie.

"Ahh!" Aggie squeals as Simon spins her round on his shoulders. Her golden french plait I did earlier coming undone.
"You alright love?" Simon asks finally noticing me and stops spinning Aggie around.

"Yeah," I say giving him a small smile.

"That's not very convincing. What's wrong?"

"Thinking, that's all."

"Is this the eighteen thing again?"

I slowly nodd.

"Harri, don't worry about it we'll find you someone."

"You don't understand the concept do you?"

"I do! It's like how father had to get married before a certain date otherwise he loses everything. The money, the house, us, everything."

"Kind of except I die."

He paused for awhile, relaising how much a deal this is. "Yeah." He finally answers, slowly nodding his head.

"Miss Underbrooke! Miss Underbrooke?" I hear the faint voice of the old hagg that taunted me for weeks.

*Flashback*

"Sit up straight!" She says slapping the belt on my thigh again. I scream in pain as more tears rush down my face. Having to try balance twelve books on my head while trying to sit up straight was already enough. She had already belted my twenty six times for random reasons that don't even relate to this exersize. I start to feel sick, wanting a small glass of water or something to eat at least.
"Miss, miss, I'm going to-" I collapse and the only thing I see is my thigh, how bloody and torn the skin is. The last thing I hear is Miss Cambridge yelling at me to get up. The last thing I felt was more pain as the belt went back down relatively onto my skin.