11: Publisher?

It had been at least half an hour before the two of them came out, Simon looking very flustered.

"Are you alright Master Brown." I say politely, trying to act more as a maid than a friend. "Would you like me to make you some tea?" I say glaring at him so he gets the indication I want to know what he's so flustered about.

"Ah, tea would be nice." He says putting a hand through his hair.

I walk into the kitchen and get everything ready although I can't reach the tea. Walking back out into the lounge, knocking on the door lightly to get the pair's attention.

"Sorry to bother you, but Simon can you get the tea. I'm too short."

"Isn't there a small stool?" He says getting out of the seat he's sitting in.

"I'm not sure sir." I say following him into the kitchen, closing the door behind us.

"You're really stupid." He laughs passing me the stool sitting underneath the bench. "Now, I have to get back to the marketer." He says trying to get past me but I just step in his way.

"I thought she was the publisher for your books?" I say stepping in his way again as he tries to step around me.

"Ahh, yeah about that..." He says scratching the back of his head.

"Simon... What is she actually?"

"Lets get her to tell you." He says pushing me out of the kitchen door.

"Violet, this is our maid and was also a good friend and neighbour ours when we we're younger." He says pushing me into a seat. "That is, before she went to Stitch Manor instead of one of my sister's."

"And? What does that have to do with this problem." She says shrugging her shoulders.

"With what problem?!" I yell, widening my eyes as I realise what I just did, covering my mouth before I say anything else. "I'm sorry." I mumble through my hands as tears start to run down my hands. I stand up, running out of the room.

"Harriet wait!" Simon calls, reaching his arm out after me. As if it was going to stop me.

"Why didn't you tell her." I hear Violet say as I enter my room. Collapsing onto my bed in a sea of tears.