9. Stupid Plan

"It's called making her not lose her plot at you." I spit.

"Harri are you okay?" Simon asks gently, suddenly gone concerned as I suddenly went out at them.

"No." I say bursting into tears and hugging him.

"Hey, you'll be fine. We're going to the beach tomorrow so that'll be fun." He says rubbing my back reassuringly.

"Yeah?" I mumble.

"It'll be like when we were younger." He says looking me in the eye.

"Yeah..." I say trailing off. Thinking about how I used to like swimming in the ocean. But ever since I started getting beaten, I started getting more and more self concious. I still have scares all over my back, thighs and arms.

"Is there something wrong about the beach? We could probably go into town instead."

"No! The beach is fine, I was just, thinking."

"No you weren't. You were having a flash back of some sort."

"I was thinking about my scars."

"From what?" Evangeline asks.

"Her."

"Miss Cambridge?"

"Yes, she used to beat me for no reason. That's why when we were at the orchard and I heard her yelling out my name I started having a panic attack. Which I soon passed out."

They all stood there in silence. I expect they think I'm crazy, but the things I've been through are terrifying. I'm probably mentally and physically scared for life.
"You think I'm crazy! Don't you!" I scream at them, wriggling out of Simon's grasp.

"No!" Tora exclaims.

"I was thinking about how such a nice lady could cause such things." Evangeline says slowly walking up to me.

"That's what everyone says." I reply bluntly, backing up more before running out of the house.

☆☆☆☆

I curl up in a ball at the roots of the old oak tree and cry into my knees. Why did I do that? Know they're going to send me back because they think I'm a psychopath or something. I get interrupted from my thoughts as someone or something sits next to me. I look up to see Aggie sitting next to me. Her blue eyes lit up with joy unlike my dull sad brown ones.

"You're bringing me a sister?" She asks excitedly.

"What made you think that?" I laugh.

"The old lady said you were pregnant and that means you have a baby coming." She answers back cheerfully.

"Who told you that!" I exclaim.

"Sebastian."

"Well, that old lady wants me to have a baby but I can not."

"Why?!" She moans.

"Because I need a boy to help me."

"Simon can help you!"

"No Aggie!" I squeal covering her mouth with my hands. "Simon shall not help me."

"Simon shall not help me with what?" The devil says sitting cross legged next to us.

"Nothing!" I say loosening my grip over Aggie's mouth.

She pushes my hands away and yells. "To make a baby!"

My eyes widen as Simon bursts out laughing.

"What? The old lady said she was pregnant." Aggie says innocently

"Where did you learn that word?" Simon asks sternly and stops laughing.

"Sebastian told me its when someone has a baby in their tummy."

"That's good."

"Yeah, and Harriet has got a baby sister for me!" She squeals excitedly.

"She doesn't have a sister for you." Simon says trying to explain to the troublesome five year old.

"Yes she does! You can help her!" I giggle slightly as she's brought that up again. Simon just gives me a glare that says "your not helping."

"Aggie, even if I was having a baby it wouldn't come until a couple of years later."

"How many years?" She whines.

"Depends on how patient their siblings are." I answer.

"I want it now though!"

"Ah! That's another year."

She gasps covering her mouth with her hands. "I shall never talk again." She mumbles.

"Aggie! Come clean up your room!" Tora yells from the back door. Aggie hurries off, still covering her mouth.

"You have to be one of the smartest people I know." Simon says kissing my forehead.

"I'm sorry how I acted before." I mumble. "I was just a bit, upset."

"I know."