10. Meeting Miss Night'nhim

"How did you know?"

"You used to almost live with me remember?" He says in a 'duh' tone.

"Right." I say smiling at my stupidity.

"Wait..."

"What?!" I ask paniced.

"You told Miss you were pregnant right?"

"Yeah..."

"Don't you have to be married full stop to have a child. Even if your a surrogate."

"The parents have to but not the surrogate."

"Oh! Nevermind."
I laugh at him as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"I have a plan anyway at how we're going to play this."

"Okay?"

"So she will come again when I'm 'six months pregnant' but I'm the day we'll all wear black and have a fake funeral. The baby died due to a miscarriage, the end."

"Sounds alright but I don't think it's going to work. Why don't we go to the beach' or something like that?"

"Cause she'll come the next day." I answer in a 'duh' tone.

"Okay, so I'm not as good at making plans as I used to be."

"That's cause your not as troublesome." I laugh.

"True but you aren't either."

"So you just pulled that card?"

"What?"

I roll my eyes at his stupidity. "Don't worry."

"I'm sorry to interupt but Master Brown. Miss Night'nhim is here to see you." The other maid says coming out from behind a nearby oak tree.

"Oh my lord! I completely forgot!" He says scrambling up onto his feet.

"You forgot what?" I ask standing up.

"Come, come." He replies quickly waving me over to the house as he walks. I follow as he starts rambling again. "Miss Night'nhim is my... publisher for my books that I write. She signed me up nearly a month ago and said she'd come every four weeks to see how it's going." He finishes as he opens the back door into the kitchen.

"Ok stay still." I say just as he's about to open the front door. Fixing his coat and his hair before pecking him on the cheek.

"What would I do without you?" He says smiling at me and kissing me on my forehead before opening the door to a young short black haired lady, about twenty one, standing on the doorway.

"What took you so long?!" She says rudely. "I'm kidding, how are you Simon." She laughs as she engulfs him in a hug. "And is this your girlfriend? Oh, how nice to meet you. I'm Violett." She says shaking my hand.

"Oh, I'm not his girlfriend. I'm just his maid." I say pulling my hand away.

She furrows her eyebrows at him and he glares at her. "If you exuse me. Me and Simon need to have a talk." She says pulling him upstairs.'