2. Master Brown

I go back through the door and look at my wrist. As I scroll through the names left over. My heart stops. There's one name that I would never think that would be on my wrist.

Simon Brown

How was he here? Why was he here? I wonder if he bought anyone? As I put my hat on. Someone taps me on the shoulder I turn round to see the one and only, Simon Brown.

"How may I help you?" I say politely hoping he doesn't recognize me.

"Hello 192, you'll be coming home with me."

Out of all the people why him. Well at least he's not as bad as some of the men there. Man, puberty hit him hard. Wait, what am I thinking?

"Okay, Master Brown," I say starting to walk along side him.

"How did you know I was a Brown."

"The auctioneer told me." I lied.

"How did he know I was a Brown though?"

"I'm not sure Master Brown."

"Okay, first things first call me Simon instead of Master Brown because it's going to get very annoying."

"Yes, Simon."

"And take that silly hat off." He says trying to swipe my hat away. I grab his wrist midair and say sternly.

"Unless you want me dead I can't take it off until 6:00pm."

"Okay. My dad's going to hate how you have to wear it around." He says laughing.

"Simon,"

"Yes."

"Can you tell me about yourself when we're in the carriage."

"Of course as long as you tell me your life before you went to that college."

"Deal"

The trip to the Browns house was very nice. Although it was a bit awkward how Simon was saying how he had a crush on me when I lived next door. He even asked if I knew 'her'. If course I denied because I was trying to plan a smart way to show myself. When we arrived everyone looked so grown up. Aggie looked about five, Chrisse, Tora and Lily looked like beautiful young ladies. Sebastian and Eric had grown a lot and were almost as tall as Mr Brown.

"Evangeline, Father, this is our new maid."

"It is very nice to meet you all." I say bowing slightly.

"Very nice to meet you as well, would you like to come in?" Mr Brown asked.

"I would be delighted."As we walk past the stairs I quickly ask Evangeline if I can have a few words."Umm, Mrs Brown could I please talk to for a moment in private."

"Yes dear, and call me Evangeline." She says taking me up the stairs and into a private room.

"Evangeline, please don't tell the others about this."

"About what?" She says shutting the door.

"About me being here." I say taking off my stupid hat.