6. The Orchid

"What?"

"I figured out why I have these!"

"Why do you have them?!"

"I have to get married before I'm eighteen and the names is a guidance thing to help me choose before I'm eighteen."

"When are you eighteen?"

"1 year, 2 months and 9 days."

"That ages." He moans.

"What's ages." Cedric says giving us both a fright.

"How long have you been there." Simon asks scratching the back of his neck.

"Since Harriet said I have to be married before I'm eighteen."

"Oh, okay." Simons says nervously.

"But why do you have to be married before you're eighteen though?" Cedric asks.

"Because they will come after me and try to kill me." I say just getting to the point.

"Who will?" Both Mr Brown and Simon say in sync.

"The police, the academy, everyone."

"We're not going to let that happen." Simon says kissing my forehead.

"Am I going to become Mrs Brown or something?" I say cheekily.

"It depends..." Simon shrugs.

"Come on you two, we all know it's going to happen some day."

"What will?" We both answer.

Mr Brown laughs.
"You'll know eventually." He says leaving us alone in the garden. We walk hand in hand back to the house and go out own way to our bedrooms.

The next day we head to the orchid to pick some apples and apricots. Aggie is skipping along in front of Simon and I while the rest of the family walk behind us.
"Who's that?" I ask looking behind us to see Tora holding hands with a boy with short blonde hair and pale skin who's walking alongside her.

"That's Mark, he's a rich boy that she met in the orchid not long after you left. He mistakened it for apart of his land that his parents own."

"I hate him already. If he proposes to her today I don't approve."

"He's not going to."

"He's more than likely to." I say stopping since Aggie grabs mine and Simon's hand and starts swinging on them. I lift my arm up and swinging it forward every time she jumps so she hangs for a longer period of time. Simon copies my movements understanding what I'm tryin to do.

"Higher! Higher!" Aggie squeals happily.

Simon laughs, "Your too heavy to go higher and anyway we're here."

"Already?" She moans.

"Yes. Now, see if you can climb to the top of that tree and reach the sun." I say pointing to a random tree.

"Yes!!" She says running up to it.

"How are you so good with her?" Simon asks.

"I was raised to be good with children, remember? I supposed to be your maid not a friend." I say walking towards Aggie making sure she doesn't fall out.