14. Engaged

After some short conversation, we decide to go tell the others who don't know. As we walk down the stairs hand in hand whispering to one another about how we're going to tell them the news, Aggie barges down the stairs knocking me over. Simon luckily stopping me from tumbling down them from our interlocked hands. I mumble a "Thanks." And continue walking.

"You sure you're okay with this? I don't want to force you or-" He asks, noticing my quietness.

"No! It's fine! I'm just not myself today."

"Alright then?" Says Simon as he opens the lounge doors where everyone is having afternoon tea, everyone going silent as he enters.
"I'm not leaving." He says bluntly.

"Why not?" Lily asks curious.

"Well... we're ummm. How do I put this?" He says looking at me for help.

"We're Engaged." I finish for him as he can't seem to find his words. All the girls let out squeals of delight and rush over to hug me while the boys just congratulate Simon.

"I knew you two were going to get married some day!" Chrisse squeals with delight.

"Yes, Simon always told us when we were younger about how he knew you two were going to get married." Tora smiles.

"Really?" I giggle, looking over at Simon who's oblivious to our conversation. "That'll be one to tell later. Won't it Simon?"

He only hums a yes in reply not paying attention to what I'm saying. Making us girls laugh more.

"Are you my sister now?" Aggie asks clearly confused.

"No sweetheart." I say picking her up. "Me and Simon are getting married."

"How come there's no ring?" Lily interupts gesturing to my hand.

"We'll probably get that later." I smile, not really caring about a ring.

"So you're my Aunty now?" Aggie asks, not getting what I am to get now I'm getting married to get brother.

"Something like that." I say not wanting to confuse her more.

"Yay!" She squeals, hopping down from my arms and running to Simon to tell him something.

She tugs on his loose white shirt, telling him she's there. He crouches down to talk hear what she wants. She puts her hand up to his ear and whispers something to him, making him laugh before quirking an eyebrow at me.

I mouth an "I'm not in this" to him making him smirk and tell her something, she squeals in delight at his statement before rushing over to Evangeline who's only a metre away from me.

"Mummy! I get to be Simon's flower girl!" She squeals jumping into Evangeline's arms. I look over at Simon who only winks at me and carries on his conversation with Cedric.

"Did you ask Harriet too? She might not want you to be her flower girl."

"Can I?" Aggie pleads, doing some puppy for eyes at me.

"Of course you can! I needed one of them anyway." I laugh, making her squeal again and run off to tell her siblings that she's the flowergirl.