12. You're leaving?

After about a good hour of crying I had no tears left so I decided to read a book I found in one of the girl's bookshelves. A small knock comes the from the door, interupting me from my reading, it slowly opens, only to reveal Aggie.
"Hey Aggie, do you want me to make another jam sandwich?" I say sitting up and placing the book on the bed. She shakes her head, tears threatning to spill. "What wrong? Come here." I coo opening my arms as she runs into them, bursting into tears.
"He's leaving." She stammers through her crying.
"Don't worry, Daddy will only be gone for a little while." I coo running her back. She looks at me confused.
"It's not father that's leaving." Lily says eyes red from crying.
"Who's-" I stop myself when I realise who's leaving.
"I'm sorry." Lily mumbles as I run out of the room. I run, run as fast as my legs can carry me to where Simon and I used to hide when we were upset or needed to think. I arrive to the small willow tree near the creek and just break down.
"Why? Why does he need to leave all of a sudden." I mutter to myself as I hear a branch snap. I hold my breath, staying as still as possible, trying not to make a sound that'll indercate I'm here.

"Can't you give us one more month. I'm sure we'll find him a wife in that time." I hear Cedric say to someone. Most likely Violet.

"I'm sorry Cedric but you promised last time and you never succeeded."

"Is there anything we can do so he doesn't get cut off." Evangeline says as they walk down the nearby path. Cut off what does she mean but cut off, and a wife? I think to myself.

"What about the girl?"

"What girl?" Cedric questions

"The maid. You can tell they love eachother. Why doesn't he just marry her."

"She only came this week! We can't all of sudden say your marrying our son!"

"She'll do it, I can tell."

"How can you even tell they love eachother?"

"You can see it in their eyes when they look at eachother Cedric." Violet says kicking a pebble into the creek.

I start to get up and go around the willow tree. Slowly making my way up behind the trio.

"It's like they have this connection , like it's undeniable love." Violet continues.

"Sorry to bother you Mr Brown but do you know where Tori is?" I ask not really wanting to know where she is although she would want to know about this.

"Oh gosh! Harriet you gave me a fright." He says grabbing his chest.

"I think she gave us all a fright." Evangeline mutters.

"Sorry sir, but do you know where-"

"Would you marry Simon?" Violet blurts interupting me.

"What?" I say acting surprised.

"Violet! Don't be so rude." Evangeline says slapping her arm.

"Do you love Simon?"

"What's going on?"

"He's leaving Harriet. He's getting cut off from the family." Cedric says.

"And you're the only one who can stop this." Evangeline comments.

"How?"

"As I said, if you love Simon, due to us not wanting to force anything, you can marry him and he won't get cut off." Violet says.

I think for a moment. All the good and bad possibilities going through my head. There were too many bad ones of him getting cut off and I couldn't let him suffer like that.

Looking into Evangeline and Cedric's eyes, they were both filled with dread and desperation.

What about the others?

Aggie, Lily, Sebastian . They would all be ashamed of me if I let him leave.

But what about me?

I would be a sad, depressed, heart-broken maiden.

"I'll do it." I stammer. "I'll marry him."