THREE I wanted a Jellybean, not a Jukebox

Friday came along at a sluggishly slow pace. The night before, my owl had managed to escape it's cage and fly laps around the house until I caught it, which successfully upset everyone again. Because of how fast he was, I decided to name him Chase.

Chase and I spend the evening in my room, going over all my new spell books. There was so much to learn, and I didn't quite grasp an understanding of it yet but I couldn't wait to be taught it all.

The following morning I hugged my parents goodbye, trying to ignore the way they were clinging to me when they hugged me. I knew they were nervous, but everything was going to be fine.

Landon gave them a friendly wave before we set off on our new adventure. Callie and I couldn't sit still in the backseat; we were just too excited!

London was especially busy that morning. There were so many cars that we got stuck in traffic for ten minutes, and by the time we made it to Kings Cross Station we were running late.

"Quickly girls, we need to make it to platform nine and three quarters," Landon said, rushing to get our luggage out of the trunk. Callie and I scrambled to gather our things and made a beeline through the crowd.

"Platform nine and three quarters?" I questioned finally, a little gob smacked. "Is that even possible?"

"Aly, we're going to a magic school," Callie said. "Anything's possible."

Landon seemed to know exactly where he was going. He came to a stop between platform's nine and ten, and turned to us with a huge smile on his face.

"Right then. In we go!" he said, gesturing to the brick wall in between the two. I stared, simply confused. Callie, on the other hand, grabbed her luggage and flashed me a smile.

"Just follow my lead," she said, before running straight at the wall. I couldn't comprehend what she was doing, but suddenly she vanished right before my eyes. She went through the wall?

"A secret passageway?" I asked Landon, remembering the trick to get into Diagon Alley.

"Sort of. You'll see. But we have to hurry or we'll miss the train," Landon said, glancing at his watch. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'll be right behind you."

Swallowing hard, I nodded, and turned to face the wall. I took a deep breath.

Here went nothing.

I ran at the wall, as fast as I could, and just before I hit it I closed my eyes, my body instinctively expecting to hit it. But a second later, I opened my eyes, and I was in a completely new place.

Dozens and dozens of students and witches and wizards roamed around. I felt like I'd returned to Diagon Alley with the atmosphere around me. To my left I spotted Callie, waving at me. She's waited for me.

"Come on, let's get our luggage on the train," she said, dragging me around the corner towards a huge steam train labelled The Hogwarts Express.

My jaw dropped. It was real. Everything was so real. It had been like a dream, but now it was hitting me. This train was going to take us to a magic school, to learn about spells and all sorts of things!

"Aly?" Callie asked, looking at my face. "Are you okay?"

I smiled widely at her.

"I'm fine. I'm better than fine," I said, barely able to contain my excitement. "Come on, let's go!"

After we'd put our luggage on, we said goodbye to Landon and climbed on board. Every step I took felt surreal, but it was reality, and I knew that. I felt it every time a student brushed past me and every time I caught a whiff of a strange new smell. Callie and I wandered through the first years cabins, but they all seemed to be full, and the train was starting to move.