CHAPTER THIRTY ONE The Final Round

I tripped, trying to run through the foliage. The screaming still hadn't stopped, but there seemed to be more of it now. Eleanor was at my heels, urging me to go faster. I spotted someone up ahead, struggling with another person. I realized it was Zena and Callie.

Was Callie the person they'd let lose? Anger bubbled in my veins. How dare Lucas betray her like that! Callie shoved Zena off of her, and sprinted away. Fear spread through my veins. Where was she going?

Suddenly, something rough tackled me to the ground. I slammed into a rock, gasping in pain. Eleanor shouted something, but my vision was clouded by strands of slivery hair. Delphy glared at her, her eyes narrow, as she held me pinned down.

"You're not going to mess this up," she hissed. "Now all of your little friends are going to have to die, because they saw you alive."

I struggled, trying to break free of her grasp to grab the amulet. She used some kind of spell that was way above my level to keep me pinned to the ground while she rose to her feet. She turned to Eleanor, and pointed her wand at her. Eleanor pointed hers back, bravely.

"You're Brianna's sister..." Delphy mused, a coy smile forming on her lips. "I remember her. She was a few years younger than me... pretty... popular at school, I imagine... and so very talented. What a shame she died."

Eleanor's expression turned into a snarl. "Don't talk about her like it wasn't you who killed her!"

"I did no such thing," Delphy breezed. "I'm just here to finish what my father started."

"Delphy!" another voice called. Lucas emerged from the forest, looking at the scene unfolding before him. "Ah, you caught Castilian. Excellent."

"I advise you get her out of here before anyone else sees her," Delphy said darkly. "Then go find that brother of yours and his brunette friend. They'll need to be dealt with."

My heart began to race. Dealt with? No! I wasn't going to let him hurt them!

"Confringo!"

Delphy was suddenly blasted off of her feet by a red explosion. Albus came running out of the forest, and he quickly blasted Lucas off of his feet too. Albus was followed by two taller figures. One was strikingly similar to Albus, the other had bushy, brown hair.

"Albus, we'll take it from here. We have to shut this down immediately," the brunette girl was saying to Albus and the man.

"Oh my God," Eleanor breathed. "That's Harry Potter."

"Wait," I said, trying to remember who that was. "That's the famous guy, right?"

Eleanor shot me an annoyed look. "Honestly Castilian," she sighed.

Harry undid the spell that was holding me down, and I scurried to my feet. He turned to Albus,

"Albus, get these two out of here," he ordered, once I was up. Albus nodded, pulling up Eleanor and I. I quickly snatched the amulet up from Delphy, who was unconscious, before we headed away. Harry and the other woman didn't protest. Perhaps they didn't know what it was yet.

We headed back into the forest, Albus pulling both of us along.

"Wait, Albus!" I protested, trying to break free from his grip. "Will and the rest are in there. And Callie's in trouble! I can't leave them!"

"I know," Albus murmured, keeping his voice down as we continued to hurry away, ducking through the foliage. "That's why I bought this with me."

He revealed the invisibility cloak. I gasped, remembering how it had been left in the tunnels under the Whomping Willow. Eleanor just looked at him, oblivious to what it was.