TWENTY FIVE Wonder Warriors

"Well done, Hogwarts students!" Professor Plumble said once again, beaming at us all. Some teams glared at us as we were all checked over for injuries at separate stations, but a lot of teams were coming over to give us their best.

Sitting together in the tent, all ten of us, I felt like we were part of an amazing family. The Slytherins were even beaming and chatting with us about how epic we'd been out there.

After we were checked over, we were led back to our rooms so that we could rest. The girls and boys had separate rooms, and we were sleeping on strange pull out beds called futons.

Veronica and I bid goodnight to Will, Albus and Lucas before following the other girls into our room.

Veronica and I set ourselves up on the left side of the room, and Zena shuffled over to join us, followed by a meek looking Isabella. Nina and Eleanor settled on the right side of the room.

"How exciting!" Zena gushed, tucking her straight dark hair behind her ears. "I can't believe we made it to the final round!"

"I was having my doubts, being surrounded by first years," Isabella added, but her words weren't unkind in any way. Her gaze fluttered to Zena briefly before dropping back to her bedding as she climbed into her futon.

"We should come up with a team name!" Zena proposed. My eyes widened. That was such a great idea! But what could we call ourselves?

"What if the boys don't like it?" Veronica questioned.

"Pfft!" Isabella scoffed. "We easily outnumber them!"

"What about something that includes all our house names. Like... Gryfilrinclaw?" Zena suggested. Veronica frowned and replied,

"I feel like that's too hard to pronounce and remember."

"We should call ourselves something catchy!" Isabella insisted. "Something that rhymes!"

"Walking Wizards?" Eleanor piped up, evidently listening in on our conversation.

"Why are we walking?" I asked. Eleanor turned up her nose.

"Oh, well sorry! I was just thinking of ideas!"

"Winner Wizards!" Zena suggested.

"Wonder Wizards!" Isabella added, and Zena nodded in approval.

"But we're not all wizards," I protested. "I mean, I know it's the general term but we're witches."

"What about..." Nina piped up. "...Wonder Warriors."

There was a silence that settled over us.

"I like it," Eleanor said finally.

"Me too," Veronica agreed, and I nodded with her.

"So, Wonder Warriors?" Zena asked, for final confirmation.

"Wonder Warriors!" we all cheered.

Not long after that we all settled down for bed. As I was beginning to fall asleep I heard Veronica whisper to me,

"Imagine if the boys came up with a name too."

I sniggered.

"Ours is better," I whispered back.

It didn't take long for me to drift off to sleep, even though I was in a strange new place and it was surprisingly chilly, but I was woken not long after by someone gently shaking me. I became aware of an icy cold chill settling over me.