chapter 2

Brantley's POV: by SPaige0615

"Ain't that little Addy Rose that just flew passed here?" Smitty asked me. I shrugged and lit a cigarette. "Why you askin me, hoss?" I asked the older man. "Well shit, the two of you used to be hot and heavy back in the day. I figured y'all still had a little soemthin goin on. She ain't let a man near her since you hit it big." Smitty shrugged. I smirked. "Nah, I haven't talked to that girl since I left town 3 years ago. And shit son, you know I keep pussy in every state. Just might have to put Adalynn's sweet little ass back on the list." I smirked. Smitty shook his head at me. "You've definitely changed son..." I shrugged and headed out to my bike, wondering where I could find Addy. I wonder what her reaction would be to seeing me again. I was about three times bigger than I was when we split. I've been sober for 3 years. I'm covered in tattoos, and I've got more money than I'll ever spend. I wonder if she was still teaching at the highschool.. Same place my momma works. I guess I could drop in for a visit. I smirked to myself as I stopped at the one red light in town. A tall blonde was crossing the street, and her eyes widened when she looked at me. I smirked and nodded at her, eyeing her ass as she walked away. Life was good. I had my pick of women, literally. Why the hell was I so determined to nail an ex girlfriend? Sure, she's a hot little number, and she never shied away from my more aggressive side, but still.... I shrugged off the nostalgic feelin and continued on towards the school. When I pulled in, I spotted her jeep right off the bat. That same ol busted jeep she was driving when I left town. I shook my head and walked into the building, greeting my momma with a bug as she walked out from behind the office counter. "What brings you here?" She asked happily. About that time the cheerleading team walked passed me, giggling and swaying their hips. Man if they were only older. "You wouldn't happen to know what class Adalynn teaches do you?" I have her my best innocent face. She frowned. "Now son, that's a good girl. Addy isn't one of your floozies. She isn't some groupie that will hop in your bed and roll out the next morning. You hurt her real deep Brantley Keith. You keep your distance if you've got ill intentions." She warned me. I smiled innocently. "I just want to tell her hello is all." Momma never could resist my charm. She smiled. Got her. "Oh alright... She's in History right now. That's class E4, you remember the way?" I nodded and headed to see little Addy. Figuring class was almost over, I propped myself against the wall next to the door, waiting for the bell to ring. About 4 minutes later it did, and students came piling out. The last person out the door was a tiny brunette. She glanced at me but kept walking. Three steps later she froze. I smirked and walked up behind her. She was trembling. Turning to face me, she kept her eyes locked on my boots. "Hey Addy, how've you been darlin?" I dropped my voice a couple notes. Making it low and gravely. Just the way it made women pant. She gasped and stepped back. "I stepped closer. "N-no!" She stuttered out, shooting her palm out to stop my progress. I stepped in until her palm was flush with my torso. She gasped again, her fingers momentarily tightening before she yanked her hand away. "Now why won't you look at me pretty girl?" I sidled in closer. "No. Leave me alone." She whispered. "Why would I do that? Here I was thinking we could catch up... Like old times.." I reached out and twirled a curl around my finger. She swatted my hand away and jumped back. She looked horrified. Spinning on her heel she bolted. Well shit...