Chapter 7

Brantley's POV: by SPaige0615

I am so SO sorry Adalynn. For every single promise I ever broke. For hurting you. For all the bull shit I put you through. For pushing you away, when all I ever wanted was to pull you closer. I'll never be able to make that up to you." I damn near whispered. Seeing her like this killed me. It was ripping me apart inside. She wouldn't meet my eyes. "Please leave." She croaked. Poor little thing was trembling. I walked over and stood in front of her. "Look at me Addy." I told her. She shook her head no. I knelt down in front of her, gently turning her face so she'd look at me. "I hurt you, and that's eating me up inside. I don't know how to make it better." I whispered, my voice hoarse. "You don't give a shit about me, I was the naive good girl who fell for the bad boy biker who didn't fall back. I should have known better." Her words cut me deep. She doubted everything we ever had. I put that doubt in her head. "Adalynn Rose don't you ever think I didn't care." I growled. "If you cared so much, then why did you leave me? You promised you'd never leave me, and you did. You threw me to the side. I needed you, and you weren't there! You weren't there!" She sobbed then stopped herself, wiping angrily at the fresh tears streaming down her cheeks. "I left because I was toxic to everyone I loved. I was a sinking ship, and I couldn't let myself drag you down with me. You're so good, and sunny, and wonderful. I always knew you deserved better than my sorry ass, way better." I sat back on my heels, and braced my palms on my thighs. I swallowed hard, blinking fast. "Addy I..." I shook my head and stopped. "If you really cared, then why all the random women? You're reputation is no secret." She asked timidly. "Honestly, I was trying to get over you. I've been completely numb for three years. No matter how hard j tried to move on, you were never far from my thoughts. Even though I don't deserve it, I'm on my knees begging you to forgive me." I looked at her then. I sniffed hard and wiped the lone tear that escaped my own eye. "Are you.. Brantley are you crying?" Addy sat up then, edging closer to me. "I'm so fuckin lost baby. I don't know what to do here, I'm a selfish asshole. I should stay as far away form you as I possibly can. I'm nothing but trouble, but I can't stay away. I NEED you Addy. Leaving you was the worst mistake I've ever made." I dropped my head into her lap. She killed off my head and rubbed the back of my head. "Brantley... I can't. I don't know if I could go through all that. And the drinking.. I can't handle that again. It's been three years, and I'm still not over what happened." She said softly, still sniffling. "I haven't touched a drop of booze since the day I left. I've been sober for 3 years. And I understand, I just... I need to know that you're ok. That you're happy. Even if it's not with me." I mumbled into her lap, thanking God that she was even speaking to me.