Chapter 7

Never had I smiled and laughed so much since Kyle left me, breaking my heart into pieces. But with every moment I spent with Ross, my heart was slowly being mended back together. Three weeks had passed since we had made it official, and we were still in the "honeymoon" phase. I truly felt like a lovesick teenager, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

I enjoyed the feeling.

Padding across hospital floor, I made my way down to the pediatric wing where Ross had told me to meet him. He was stood by the nurses station, clad in his white lab coat as he wrote in a chart. Taking him by surprise, I kissed his cheek, causing him to turn his head and smile at me, dipping his head down to kiss me properly.

"That's a nice way to say hello." He murmured.

I grinned. "That's because I'm a nice girl."

"Sure, sure. I think you just like my lips."

"I never said I didn't." Catching sight of the nurse watching us with amusement, I felt my cheeks heat up before flashing her a quick smile and dragging Ross away. I could hear him chuckling as I pulled him down the hall, but all I could focus on was the head radiating off my cheeks. Realizing that I had no clue where I was going, I stopped in my tracks and turned around, giving him a sheepish look.

He shook his head, flashing me a dazzling smile. "You're adorable. Come on." It was his turn to drag me down the hall, our fingers intertwined. He led me to the floor above us, pulling me into what looked like a lounge. "All the doctors usually hang out in here when we have some time to ourselves." He explained, stripping off his lab coat.

I looked around the room, surprised at how nice it was. A tv hung on the wall, two couches on each side of the wall. A table was placed in the center of the room, a little kitchen area beside it. The walls were painted a cream color, giving off a sense of peace and relaxation that many wouldn't feel in a hospital.

"Want some coffee?" Ross asked

"Want some coffee?" Ross asked. I nodded, setting myself down on the couch. He strolled over to the kitchen area, preparing cups for the both of us. I found myself admiring his butt, the way it was so beautifully crafted...Holy crap, what was wrong with me? I quickly shook my head of my thoughts, just as he handed me the coffee.

"Thank you." I murmured, blowing on the hot liquid before taking a sip. "You make a good coffee, Dr. Lynch."

"Why thank you, Ms. Farley." He chuckled, sipping his own drink. "Jessica in school today?"

I nodded. "Yeah. She actually wanted to come with me when she found out I was coming here. She really likes you."

"I like her, too. She's a great kid. I kinda have a thing for her mom, anyway." He winked.

I laughed. "Really? That's weird, because I kinda have a thing for her doctor. Though technically, he's not her doctor anymore."

"Hmm, sounds interesting." He scooted closer, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I bit my lip, looking up at him as he stared down at me. "I want to ask you something, and I don't want you to get freaked out, okay?" I nodded, waiting for him to continue. "My parents are visiting this weekend, and they kinda want to meet you." He bit his lip nervously, awaiting my reaction. "I told them about you, and my mom was so happy she pretty much screamed. I, uh, haven't dated since med school."