Chapter 18

My nerves were incredibly high, my heart pounding erratically. Tonight was the night. The hotel room was booked and a small bag was packed. We were all set. 

The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. 

We weren't planning on leaving until later on in the day, so we spent the time inside with Jess. She didn't know we were leaving for the night, so we figured spending the day with her would help when it was time to go. So we spent the day cuddling up on the couch, watching any movie she wanted to. 

And when it was time to go, I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I obviously wasn't a virgin, but this was different. I would be with Ross, the man I loved, in a way I had never been with him before. It was such a nerve wracking, yet amazing feeling. 

As we stood by the door, Ross holding our small suitcase, I picked up Jess and perched her up on my hip. I was going to miss my baby, even if it was only for the night. "Be good for grandma and grandpa, okay?"

She nodded, her arms around my neck. "When you and daddy coming back?" 

"Tomorrow." I answered, ignoring the shocked looks on my parent's faces. I had yet to tell them Ross' new title, afraid that they wouldn't like someone else taking Danny's place. But no one could take my brother's place as Jess' father. Ross understood that, and I just hoped my parents would, too. 

Once she kissed Ross goodbye, I handed her off to my mom, mouthing that I would explain everything when we came back. Was it bad that I felt guilty for not saying anything? I knew I had no reason to be, but it was almost like an instinct. 

I didn't want them thinking that I forgot about Danny. I could never forget about him. 

The hotel we were staying in was pretty close to my parent's apartment, according to my boyfriend, so the cab ride over there was pretty silent. My mind was on overdrive with possible scenarios for the night. Would we jump right into bed? Have a romantic dinner and then cuddle up on the bed with a movie? 

Ross had been the one to book the hotel, so I had no clue what he room was going to look like. But when we stepped inside the room, my jaw dropped and a gasp threatened to escape. 

It was absolutely gorgeous. 

The view of the city was the first thing you saw when you stepped into the room

The view of the city was the first thing you saw when you stepped into the room. The king size bed was placed closely by the large window, allowing the view to be in our sight. I could already imagine the two of us under the covers, staring out the window. 

"What do you think?" He questioned nervously, his smile twitching slightly. 

"It's amazing." I breathed out, planting my lips on his. He eagerly kissed back, tangling one hand in my hair and gripping my hip with his other one.  My hands rested on his chest, where his heart was thumping loudly. If I were to guess, I would say he was nervous for tonight as well.