Chapter 13

So I came up with another Ross book idea, and I really want to write it, but I don't know if I should yet. I'm on summer break, but I am working, so I can't promise consistent updates. I really want your opinion, because I'm actually excited about this idea. R5 will exist, but there will be drama and fluffy romance, lol. please comment and let me know if you want me to write the book. I would get started on it right away if enough people say yes.

"Why hasn't she woken up yet? It's been days and the swelling has gone down! Why the hell isn't my girlfriend awake?"

I was at my wits end. Today marked a week since the accident and Blake had yet to wake up. I thought I was losing my mind, spending all my days in the hospital. I used to love being in the hospital day in and day out, but when I wasn't the doctor and my loved one was the patient, it was a nightmare. 

Shane let out a sigh, scrubbing a hand down his face. "Ross, she will wake up, her body just needs to heal. You saw all the tests and scans. She has brain activity."

I casted a glance at her room, watching as Morgan talked to her unconscious best friend. She had a smile on her face, though you could tell it was fake. The bags under her eyes were apparent, and it was obvious she barely slept the past week. I knew I didn't. 

I couldn't. 

Every time I closed my eyes, Blake's beaten and battered body flashed before me, and I woke up with a gasp. I would even wake up in tears, my chest heaving and my heart racing. I felt like I was losing my mind. Blake was so close, yet so far, and I was reaching my breaking point-if I didn't already. 

A hand clasped on my shoulder, and I averted my eyes from the room to look at Shane. "She will wake up." He said firmly. "Have faith, Ross."

"What if she doesn't?" I asked brokenly. "I can't lose her, Shane. I love her. I love her so damn much I'll go crazy if she dies. I-I have never felt like this, and I'm terrified."

He did the last thing I expected of him. He pulled me in for a hug. 

I broke down then and there, sobbing into my friends shoulder as the hustle and bustle of the hospital continued around us. I never imagined myself crying in the middle of the hallway, but I couldn't hold it in anymore. Acting strong around Jess and Morgan had become too much, and I couldn't hold up this facade anymore. Screw being strong at a time like this. A moment of weakness was allowed, and this was mine. 

He allowed me to cry, not saying a word until I was ready to pull away. I harshly wiped the tears away, angrily pulling on the strands of my hair. "God, this is a fucking nightmare."

One I wish I could wake up from.

"Everything will be okay. It may not seem like it now, but trust me." He squeezed my shoulder. "I've seen coma patients wake up after months with less brain activity than Blake. She. Will. Wake. Up." He gave me an encouraging smile before excusing himself to see another patient. 

I found myself leaning against the nurse's desk, my limbs feeling almost like butter. 

Okay, breathe. You heard Shane. She will wake up. She's just taking a nap. 

A long, long nap.

The gentle sliding of the door had me turning around, watching as Morgan exited the room. It was evident that she had been crying, something that had become a daily occurrence. 

"Did he say anything?" She murmured, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"That she'll wake up." I replied. "He said all her scans and tests look good-which I agree with. I did look at them." That didn't stop my worry or fear one bit. "All we have to do is wait."