Chapter Three

Jade's POV

"Saan ka pupunta?" I heard my mother shout from behind. I was walking towards our front door when she sees me.

"Out." I plainly said ignoring her. I know she'll get pissed with what I did but I don't care. I don't want to deal with her now.

"I'm talking to you, young lady. Don't you dare turn your back on me." She said with a much venomous tone on her voice.

I stopped walking and smugly turn my back to face her and I saw her standing just a few feet away from our grand staircase. "What do you want?" I said lazily which fumed her even more.

"Don't you use that tone in me, Jade. Nanay mo pa din ako baka nakakalimutan mo." She paused and I just rolled my eyes on her. I heard her sigh harshly as if trying to control her anger. "Ang sabi ko, saan ka pupunta?"

"I'm going to David's office." I casually said. I don't want to disclose with her that I'm going to confront David about our upcoming engagement. I know she won't let me go if she knew what I'm planning to do.

Upon hearing David's name, her face suddenly lit up that caused me to curse mentally. Hindi ko talaga masikmura na ipinagtutulakan nila sakin si David. I mean, he's a great guy but I just can't imagine myself growing old with someone I don't love.

"Really, hija? Gusto mo bang ipahatid na kita kay Mang Gibo?" My mother is really impossible. One moment she's angry, and then all of a sudden she'll turn into her oh so sweet self. It's like she has this switch that can change her mood in a snap.

"No need, Mom. I can take care of myself." I said trying hard not to sound disgusted.

Before, I really like my mother when she's acting sweet and angelic but after what happened earlier, I can't help but to think otherwise.

I turned my back away from her then walk straight on our front porch completely ignoring her response. I hurriedly rode my white Mercedez Benz as soon as I saw it then I sped off.

I can't wait to talk to David and confront him about this. If he knew, then I'll make a proposal for us to cut this whole thing off. He's been giving me anything I asked for and even though I knew what I'll be asking would be too much for him, I'm still hoping he won't disappoint me.

------------

"Hi! Is David Limjoco here?" I asked her secretary upon entering his office. Kilala na ako dito since I always visit him when we were still together.

Her secretary, Kate, beamed at me the moment she laid eyes on me. "Hi, Ms. Jade! Uhm, Mr. Limjoco is still in a meeting but I think they're almost done since it's already lunch time. You can sit there in the couch or you can just go inside his office and wait for him to come out of the conference room."

"Thanks, Kate! Hindi ka pa din nagbabago. Mabait ka pa din. Not to mention you're still pretty." I complimented her with a genuine smile. She's been David's secretary for 2 years now and I won't deny na magaan ang loob ko sa kanya. Accommodating kasi and very pleasant ang vibe.

"Thank you, Ms. Jade. Kayo din naman po, still gorgeous and stunning." She said while blushing and I chuckled at her. I motioned my hand that I'll just wait David inside his office and she just nodded. I already hear applause coming from the conference room since it's just adjacent to where Kate's cubicle is situated. I hurriedly went inside David's office and wait for him to come out.