Chapter Twenty

Althea's POV

Isang linggo na ang nakalipas mula nung dumalaw ang mama ni Jade sa condo nito at masasabi kong wala naman nagbago sa samahan naming dalawa. Everything turned out better, great indeed.

We became extra sweet with each other, especially Jade to me. Palagi nitong pinaparamdam sakin na mahal na mahal niya ako, and so am I to her.

Mas napapadalas na din ngayon ang pagdalaw namin sa isa't-isa, though kailangan mas maging discreet din kami. We decided na mas maging maingat after ng incident between her mother and I.

Jade said her mother might have people to investigate on us. I find it absurd but I didn't argue with her about it. Jade knew her mother than I do so might as well, hayaan ko na lang.

We also came up with a plan that she will often visit their mansion to avoid repeating the incident. But she promised she will still sleep in her condo so I can be with her overnight. Oh and one more thing, she's also thinking to let her and David's "thing" to continue.

At first, I was mad. Furious even. Who wouldn't? Yun ngang pag nasa bar kami at may mga nagsusubok na makipagflirt sa kanya, kulang na lang suntokin ko sa mukha eh. I'm know I'm being a complete childish asshole but who can blame me? I mean, I love her so much and I'm really not fond of sharing.

Jade tried to pacified me until I finally gave in. She said they're just doing it para hindi na maghinala ang kahit na sino sa pamilya niya. Naiintindihan ko naman kaya pumayag na din ako. But deep inside, it's still hurts. I'm not doubting Jade's love for me, c'mon, I trust her. What I'm doubtful for is our situation.

Jade loved David and David is still in love with Jade.

What if one day, she just woke up then all the love she had for David came back? What if she got tired of our relationship and settle with David instead? Or what if one morning, she'll just realize that everything we have is in fact a big mistake - that what we have it not worth fighting for? That I am not worth fight for.

I can't lose Jade.

I don't want to wake up someday, that I'll regret agreeing on this setup.

Just like today, David and Jade decided to visit their mansion together while here I am inside my office, racking my nerves out what might be they're doing. If they acting all sweet and cheesy. If they hold hands and hug each other in front of their parents. If they need to kiss- Fuck! Just imagining them doing that makes me want to punch someone in the face!

This isn't doing me any good.

I need to get all of these out of my head as to why I'm dialing Batchi's number right now.

"Batch, where are you?" I immediately ask the moment she answered my call.

"RK. Wila's out. She said she has a date with her boyfriend." Batchi snorted on the other line and I chuckled. Wila is bisexual, if you're wondering.

"Okay. 'Wag kang aalis dyan. I need someone to talk to or else I'm going crazy."

"Huh? Hindi pa ba?" She feigned innocence then laugh out loud.

"Ulol. Sige na, magdadrive na ko. Bye." I ended the call without waiting for her response.

Even if Batchi is somewhat a jerk of a friend, I know she can help me. Masarap kasi siyang kausap lalo na kapag seryosohan.

And that's what I need right now.

Sabi nga nila, sometimes talking to your bestfriend is the only therapy you need.