Chapter Thirty-Five

Althea's POV

"Althea." She replied that instantly made me held my breath.

Ahh. That voice. I thought letting her voice reverberate inside my head.

She only said my name but that's enough to make my world goes upside down. She's the only person that can make my insides go wild just by saying my name. Kay tagal kong hinintay na marinig ulit ang boses niya. Kay tagal kong pinangarap na magkita ulit kaming dalawa.

And now the time has come.

Ang dami-dami kong gustong sabihin sa kanya. Planado na lahat ng sasabihin ko pero ngayong magkaharap na kami, ni isa walang lumalabas sa isip ko. Ngayong nasa harap ko na siya, hindi ko maiwasang kabahan, but at the same time, I can feel the excitement because after 2 years - a long regretful years - finally, she's here. Standing gloriously, right in front of me.

I can't help but to swallow hard. Anxiety is starting to kick in. Nararamdaman kong nanunuya ang lalamunan ko kasabay ng pagpapawis ng aking mga palad. Pangalan pa lang ang nasasabi namin sa isa't-isa pero parang buong storya nasabi ko na. She nevery really fail to make me nervous and thrilled at the same time. I guess I will never get used to this effect - this Jade effect.

Can she feel it too? Nakikita ba niya kung paanong hindi pa din nagbabago ang pagtingin ko sa kanya? Can she see the way she's affecting me right now? And lastly, is the feeling mutual?

I guess not.

I mentally smiled bitterly while staring blankly at her beautiful face. She's still the same girl I met and fell in love with the first time I saw her. Jade - My Jade.

When she turn around, I swear everything went blurry. That is seemed like she's the one I can see. Like my eyes are meant to see her. Her and only her. It's like rewinding every moment the first time I laid my eyes on her.

Deja vû.

Hindi pa din nagbabago ang style ng buhok niya. Her brown locks that's perfectly tousled and framed her face. Her well-maintained eyebrows. Her piercing brown orbs that are now staring back at me that can still make my knees wobble. Her rosy cheeks and cute button nose, and boy.. Her lips. How could I forget that lips? Those lips I've been dying to kiss for the past couple of years. Those lips that served as my remedy when the times get rough. And those lips I'll exchange everything for so that I can feel it against mine, once again.

One more time.

"Hi. Kamusta ka na?" I asked not minding the way she looked at me. I can't really give a name on the emotion mirroring from those eyes. Yes, they're are staring at me pero 'yung pakiramdam na parang wala ka naman dun? 'Yung feeling na tumatagos 'yung tingin niya sa'yo?

"I'm good. Great, actually. Ikaw? Kamusta? Kailan ka pa nakabalik?" She replied and I can feel something on how she threw those questions. Was it anger? Is she mad at me? Despite of her growing anger, I gave her a smile which I know she'll never resist. And I mentally gave myself a pat in the back when I saw her swallow. Hard.

Gotcha.

"Last week lang. I actually came back after kong magising sa katotohanan." I paused and looked at the guy beside her who's now puzzled with what's happening. "And may kailangan lang akong balikan at ibalik sa'kin." I continued not breaking gaze with this Chinese-looking-guy. Who is he, anyway?

And as if Jade read my mind, she answered, "Oh by the way. I would like you to meet, Jayson, my boyfriend." She said emphasizing those last two words.

I was caught off guard with what she said. I'm actually getting a hint the way she clung into him pero iba pa din talaga kapag nacoconfirm. And I must admit, it stung a bit but I won't let down my guards now, so instead of doing the usual, I smirked and smiled at him.