V.

Chapter V. House Party

Don't judge my choices without understanding my reason

-Anonymous

Lauryn's POV

Becca and I walked up to the door with the music's bass so loud I just knew Audi was bound to get a bunch of fines if not the cops call on her. But, then again everyone had knew this was one of Sly's spot so that probably wouldn't be happening. As soon as the door was opened all I could smell was loud being blow though out the room, I really wasn't trying to get a contact. It was so warm in here I was glad that I did a twist out on my hair instead of a blow but I couldn't say the same for Becca because her long hair was being sweated out already and to think she had silk wrapped and was really extra about it when she had workouts and stuff.

"You betta put on some reggae" Becca yelled over to the dude playing the music. I laughed as I watched her work the room in her navy blue skater dress with a deep plunging neck line. She made her way over to the snacks and began having a conversation with one of her friends from back in the day. Everyone knew Becca, she was just that girl.

I quickly took in my surrounds and tried to find Audi among all of the people but just managed to fine Milly sipping on something out of a red plastic cup. Milly smiled when he noticed me walking over. I sort of wished that I had worn closed toe shoes instead of sandals once I noticed all of the men in here wearing heavy looking sneakers. My toes would definitely need protection once people started getting too turnt.

"Hey, Elle. You chillin'" he said passing his cup over to me making me roll my eyes as I took a quick sip instantly regretting it. It was straight up E&J no chaser, I was not an alcoholic so it was like fire all the way down to my stomach.

"Yeah, where Audi. Becca and I just got here" I said point to my cousin dancing with some dude. It didn't take long for her to grab someone's attention.

"Oh, I think she went to the bathroom or something. She drunk as hell from what I saw. I bet Sly going fight her ass when he get in here" Milly joked as he dapped up random dudes to stop to greet us. I laughed trying to relax some, as I rocked my hips gently to the beat of the song.

"Really? Audi doing too much for my life right now. See Becca said that was going to happen now I'ma have to hear that once I leave this place for the rest of the night" I said mimicking my cousin. See Becca kept it real. Just as I started to keep talking Audi came from one of the bedroom leaned against Que while trying to dance. Audi was drunk as a skunk, her dress' straps where fallen and her hair looked like she forgot to put it back in place.

I took a few cautious steps towards the couple unsure of what I would be getting once I walked up on Audi. She wasn't really mean drunk she was just horny or needy which, in my book was just bad news. "Hey, hot stuff" I greeted her pulling her into a tight hug trying to gauge just how much she had to drink. From the smells of her she had the whole bar. "Hey, Que" I greeted him realizing that he wasn't going to let her out of his sight. "Audi you want some food?" I asked seeing her eyes where real low. She must have been high too.

"No, Elle I'm good. You having a good time? Que got me, just relax and have fun. It's a PARTY!" she yelled her final word making everyone else start getting hype. I just smiled trying to think of what to say. Que and Audi were not friends, so this was odd that he was trying to play nurse and wanted to babysit an underage girl. It made me immediately think to Becca talking about running trains. Que wasn't like that...Right?