XI.

Chapter XI. Reality Check

Do not judge my story on the chapter you walked in on

-Unknown

Sly's POV

I was so pissed with Lauryn right now and I had no reason for it to be honest. After, I went back to the cookout and she was nowhere in slight I was ready to put my hands on Ju but, then thought against it because being reckless was a good way to get caught slipping so I just kept my cool I slipped on the Henny in my cup wanting to be as far away from that nigga as possible. It was about two weeks later now and Elle and I only saw each other in passing at Audi's spot since I had a lot of stuff going on with my drug trafficking. Smoking on my black and sipping on some Jack and Coke while, listening to some Pandora which happened to be playing some chill music in my living with all the light turn low and the blinds closed completely.

"Sly, what the hell you doing in here? It's dark as hell, and smells musty" I hear my mama voice over the speakers and she slammed my front door like she was the one paying the bills in here.

"Chilling, what you want?" I asked already annoyed that she was in here asking questions. I know she could tell that I wanted to be alone not have her all in my face annoying me to death but, Mama just refused to acknowledge that from the way she kept going about her business.

"Boy, I know you not talking to me. I came to make sure you where okay. Audi said she hasn't seen you in weeks. And you know you haven't been by the house either. I miss seeing you baby" she said putting a plate of food down on my coffee table but, to be honest I wasn't in the mood to eat at all.

"You know Audi dramatic, I been working and shit. But, I just been super busy but, I'll be by the house more" I said glancing at my phone hoping the text might be from Elle. How much of a thirsty nigga had I became? I never sat around waiting on a girl before but, it's all good. This too shall pass.

"Watch your mouth but, I know Audi do be exaggerating but, you seem so lethargic and not like you. Not to mention you smell like a homeless man. You musty as hell, you forgot how to use the shower? Key words soap and water" she said holding her nose and laughing as she pushing my feet off the coffee table to be able to get by me so that she could light some of the candles she had sitting in my living room.

"Mama, I just got home. Can't I be the man of my castle" I whined as I blew my last puff of smoke knowing that I would have put it out with her here. She had some really bad asthma and she hated to be around smoke ever since my father passed.

"Sure, but you too ripe for all that, right now" she said as she kept on to the kitchen I guess to clean up since she was a neat freak. I laughed a little sort of glad Mama was here because she always knew how to keep me from being so hard on myself. I stood up from my spot on the sofa and pulled on my sagging grey sweats wishing that my shoulder wasn't still bothering me. I decided I might as well shower and maybe get dressed and see what Que was up to since we still hadn't talked about him and Audi.

Lauryn's POV

I laughed as Zora and Audi both tried to teach me this new dance they had seen on some show but, from the looks of it neither knew what the hell they were doing. "Zo, you better stop before you hurt yourself" Audi said dancing just as hard if not harder from her spot next her while I kept calm in my seat weak as hell, laughing at them really needed to clear my mind. Ju had me all in my feeling knowing a small part of me respected what he had to say about my situation not to mention it started to open my eyes up to the possibility of there being more than just friendship between he and I.