VI.

Chapter VI. Lunch Date

Don't worry about those who talk behind your back, they're behind you for a reason

-Anonymous

Sly's POV

Everything seems to be getting back to normal since Audi's party. While the party had been a great distraction from real life it still had put me behind in work but, after a full month I was back on track and if I say so myself I was doing better than ever. My corners were buzzing with new clients that seemed to be hungrier for my product than ever before and my workers were handling things.

Don't get me wrong I still was getting my hands dirty these days but I was nothing like the day I had to go to Dre's corner. Taking a sip of my Crown Royal I tried to figure out what was keeping Que so busy these days. It seemed like every time that I needed him he was out doing something or was almost unreachable. That just wasn't good for business but, I would worry about that later after my meeting with boys wanting to be put on to the game. I think they were to be arriving any minute and already could feel a headache coming on. A lot of the young ones thought this like American Gangster or Boyz N The Hood or for the real dramatic ones Scarface but, I think it was way more low key then that. If everyone went about killing and flashing money everywhere you were bound to get arrest then be on lock down for a minute. I'm not going to lie yes, I had been to jail but I had never been to prison and refused to be there. That place was for those who got caught up. And the only way that people usually got caught up was because they were slipping.

Glancing at the monitors that kept tabs of all the happenings in my warehouse, I watched two young boys approach the guarded entrance trying to explain their situation. MY guards were well trained so, they gave everyone a hard time but, finally the boys were able to produce the card I gave them the other day with my number on it to prove that their story was real. I knew my guards still weren't going to buy it so I got on my phone and told them to let them in after giving them a detailed pat down.

The Crown Royal seemed to relax me some as I waited for one of the guards to bring them into my office. I welcomed them in as I refilled my cup hoping to ease the impending headache. Two chairs sat in front of my desk so I point to them to watch them scurry like roaches into the empty seats so that we could get on with the meeting before my patience completely dissolved.

"What's good?" I asked inviting them to a shot each as I extended the bottle to them but, they both declined. I think that I might have made them nervous, from the rumors that I hear that circulated about me I was monster that might kill you with a simple glance. "Y'all really want this" I questioned feeling the lack of communication already being an issue.

"Yes, sir we want to do this. We heard about how you get down and we just knew you were the dude to put us on. I mean you a legend" the one to the left spoke. For now, I think I would just call them Lefty and Righty because who was to even say that their names would be worth remembering since I seemed to have a hard time recalling them already.

"Interesting, you got records? I don't really like to put on lil' niggas who already got records they tend to be sloppy and understand that there are levels to this" I said glancing at the notifications on my phone. Of course it was a bunch from my soldiers but then I saw that Audi was asking about lunch and then Leah from the party was trying to get a round 2 since, I have been so busy. I smirked a little as I read over her message.

"No, Sir. We clean, my brother and I never been caught with nothing" he said trying to avoid my eye contact. If someone couldn't look me in the eyes it peeked my interest because it only meant two things, either they were intimidated or they were liars and I didn't tolerate liars.