XVII.

XVII. Play Nice

It's funny when people try to be sneaky but the only ones they fooling are themselves...

-Unknown

Sly's POV

Now this was awkward here I was sitting at dinner with Mama and Audi. Audi still had me trying to figure her out but, out of respect for my mother I was going to try and be good. I chewed quietly on my biscuit as I watched Audi play in her greens and then the macaroni.

"Audi, what's wrong. You not hungry?" Mama asked as she pulled some meat off her chicken on her own plate and kept her eyes on her daughter. I had a feeling this was going to be good cause Mama always got to the bottom of everything that happened.

"Not really, I have been queasy this week. I think it a stomach bug" Audi said looked down at her plate to avoid Mama questioning gaze. Now I knew she had peaked her interest because she put her fork down and cleared her throat then let this look cross her face as she though over the statement.

"Queasy? You mean like nausea...as in throwing up?" She asked to clarify, I just kept drinking my Coke as I watched Mama turn into a private eye.

"Yeah.... but I think it's been getting better." Audi said then took a drink of her tea. I think she should have just shut up before Mama got what she was looking for.

"Audi, don't tell me your pregnant. How stupid could you be?" She said as she took some greens into her mouth causing me to smirk because I had been wondering myself. Last week at the club I chill on that but, now I was ready to find out.

"Mama! I'm not pregnant...Why would you say that? Sly probably putting that in your ear" she said acting like she was going to get up from the table. I raised an eyebrow as she raised her voice. I could already see the hate in her eyes as she looked at me as if she dared me to say something but I kept my lips closed.

"You been avoiding your favorite foods, have mood swings, and you been to the bathroom about ten times since dinner started. I know what pregnancy looks like not to mention your skin is looking flawless. Audi, don't lie...Are you pregnant?" Mama said in a matter of fact voice as she kept eating her food waiting on my sister to say something.

Audi knew Mama wasn't going to let anyone leave the table until she got her answer because she could get down right mean. When we were kids she was always the bad guy while Pop would play the good guy and never really disciplined us at home. I stared holes into Audi's bowed head waiting too.

"Mama are you mad?" Audi questioned.

"Yes, you sitting in my house lying to my face. Then you bring your brother into this mess. If you were grown enough to open your legs without protection when you grown enough to own up for your actions. Now answer my question" Mama said, I wanted to laugh but knew my Mama might try to hit me if I said anything.

"Mama, I'm not even lying. You never asked me 'til today. And I know Sly said something to you" Audi said looking at me again.

"Audrey, leave your brother out of this. He didn't say nothing to me about this. I have been thinking this since a few weeks ago when I notice you getting thicker but, I just kept telling myself my baby girl would come to me if it was something" Mama said getting all soft, Audi was about to crack I could tell from the tears starting to come to her eyes.

"Fine....I am" Audi bit out with some hesitation. I smirked seeing that this was going to get interesting.

"How far along?" Mama asked drinking her wine.