XXIX.

Whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same
-Emily Bronte

Chapter XXX.

Lauryn's POV

"Hello?" I mumbled in the phone not even sure why I was getting this call so early. I looked over at the TV to see it was 6am. I moved Sly's arm from my waist to allow for room between my butt and his morning wood. Ever since we had gotten back together those few months ago he issisted every night that he wasn't out of town handling business that he would be coming to bed with me no matter how late he got in. At first I thought it was annoying because I loved my sleep but, it was nice to have someone to cuddle with since he had gotten me spoiled like that the first time around.

"Good morning, Birthday Girl!" Becca said while trying to rush Tory along in the background. I wondered what she was up to this early but, then again she was used to being up for practices and rehearsals so who even knew.

"Thank you, sweetie. What are you doing this morning?". I asked softly trying to let Sly sleep some since he did get in pretty late since he had some business he had to handle at the club. He usually let someone else handle the club since he had a lot of other things on his plate but, it must have been important.

"Seeing you! It's my baby's birthday so you know I was going to come through since I been busy most of the year. So get your fine ass up and dressed so I can take you to brunch to get our day started. I'll be there in about an hour." She rushed then hung up before I could get a reply in. As I tried to get the rest of the sleep I wanted off my mind as I planned a chill outfit in my mind. Knowing Audi she already had plans for tonight with her big ol' belly leading the way so, I knew today was going to be super eventful.

Just as I let my mind run I felt hands pulling me into a solid body and moist lips on my neck. I started to melt. "Happy birthday, baby" he rumbled against my neck as his hands tried to touch every piece of bare skin they could find. " You were knocked when I brought your cupcake in last night...well this morning really" he said in between kissing on my neck. He was really trying to start something that he couldn't finish. Especially with the time constraints. Ugh.

"Awwwww, really? Where is it?" I asked getting excited as a kid since I knew it was going to be a red velvet cupcake with thick cream cheese icing. But I wasn't going to eat now since I already had meal plans.

" Over there" he said pulling away from me so I could turn to see his face. He was smiling like he had gotten away with something but I wasn't quite sure what it was yet. I squinted at him trying to get a read on him but he wasn't giving anything away.

Leaning up from my spot I saw a clear bakery box with a cupcake the size of a basketball siting with a bunch of gift bags from different designers around it making my eyes get real big. " Oh my God" I screamed as I walked myself over the the set up. From the looks of the bags most of it was make up that I had gushed over in the stores over these last couple of months and the thing that stood out was the Tiffany's box sitting up under the cake as if it was a forgotten thing. "Bae, this for me?" I asked feeling like I might cry from the tightness in my throat.

" Yeah, you my lady. You 'bout to be spoiled as shit. You think Audi rotten? Just wait," he joked as he got up only wearing his soft cotton cut off shorts. All of his tattoos on display, he was about to get the business, looking good enough to eat. 

" Thank you….thank you….thank you" I said as I walked over to kiss him with morning breathe and all. He let his hands find their way under my night shirt as he lifted me up to deepen the kiss. Just as I started to feel the little scrap of fabric, I called a thong dampen I remembered that I had plans with Becca. "Baby, raincheck? Becca coming to get me in a little bit" I asked as I moved to get my feet back on the ground so I could start getting ready. According to the time I only had maybe a good 20minutes left. Becca was always on time when it was not even necessary.