XXIII

Chapter XXIII. The Last Supper

It's far better to be alone than, to be in bad company

-George Washington

Lauryn's POV

 Now this was super awkward. I mean I thought that Ju would be with Tory doing his job instead of at my Thanksgiving table throwing shots at Sly while trying to openly flirt with me. Ju has always been bold but he has never been the type to embarrass me at the expense of proving a point. But from the looks that he and Sly appeared to be passing had nothing to do with me. It almost felt like he was challenging the hold Sly held on his hot temper.

 As I brought the dessert stuff out so everyone could help themselves I felt a heavy gaze on me. "Sweet pea, let me talk to you" I heard being said by my grandmother as she slowly got up from the table. It felt like all eyes where on me as I nodded and finished my task quickly.

"What's going on?" She asked once we were away from the to the guest. I let out a huge sigh that I happen to be holding. This was the first time today I felt like someone was truly seeing about me. Of course Becca checked in on me this morning but she was busy so I couldn't even find it in my heart to be mad at her and then there was Audi. While our relationship was growing I still didn't feel comfortable with telling her all of my business when it had to do with her brother. To a girl who grew up with her brother as her hero and protector there was no way that she would take the hero worship out of her eyes long enough to not be bias about the situation. But, I did have Zora but she had her hands full help Mya feed himself so I would have to wait on all that.

"Granny its nothing" I mumbled feeling like my voice might crack if i really got into it. I had thought that I was playing it cool but, my grandmother always could see though my facade. I guess that was just something moms and grandma's had the special ability to do. The look I received as soon as the words left my lips had me really thinking of the best way to give up the information.

Her hard gaze surprised me a little when I tried to return her eye contact because she might have always been stern but she never looked at me the way she was looking at me now. It was like she was trying to be a member of the Spanish Inquisition with that look. I gulped down the little bit of spit in my quickly drying mouth as I tried to see what I thought she already knew. "Don't lie. Why them boys down stairs lookin' a fool if nothing goin' on?" She shot back making my own eyebrow crumple up like hers.

"Huh?" I let out before I could come up with an actual response to the information being presented to me. "Who?" I asked.

"Lauryn Marie it's only three men down stairs and one has a girl on his arm. I'm asking about Judah and Sylvester." She said sitting down in the armchair clearly becoming exhausted with my game already.

"Well, Sly and I are no longer together. So I don't know why he looking at Ju like that" I went ahead an blurted hoping my voice didn't travel. But I could already tell from the look on her face that I had been loud and everyone was in the dinning room easedropping like mother.

"Does he know that?" She asked back completely unphased by my flustered expression. I gave a slow non-committal shrug not even caring to go any further into it. Thanksgiving dinner was not the place to discuss a break up or whatever this was at this point. "Well now's your chance" she said point behind me to the entryway where he stood leaned against the doorway looking at me almost like he was disappointed 

But, what gave him the right to look at me like that? I was the one out here getting played while he was doing dirty. I was playing wifey and he had Debby sucking down his kids. I bet she was getting the dick down of her life to. See, this is why Sly wasn't meant for one woman he was for everyone.

"So, we done?" He asked while my Granny went back to the dinner to finish her food since she had invited people here too. The hostility in his voice was making take a step back to put some space between us. I was not scared of him but his presence excited parts of me that used little to no brain power. And that cologne he had on did something to help warm me up to him as well.

"I mean what else is there? You the one doing your thing. I don't even stay over here anymore"

"You said you needed space what was I supposed to do?" He barked back with his hands moving like that was making the situation less complicated.

"Yeah, well I'm not doing this anymore. Like I said if you want hoes and to be with multiples, cool. Just not while you have me" I sighed biting back the tightening in my throat. See I wasn't ready for this at all.

"You my girl. I'm not going to just let you go over no misunderstanding. Yeah I was fucking her but, it was not even on no emotional shit. It was just something to do … shit….i mean" he tried to explain. At this point we were just going in circles.

"Look, I'm not going to argue with you with everyone ear hustling right on the other side of the wall. I'm going to finish serving everyone and making sure everything good then I'm going to come get my stuff on Monday" I said trying to walk pass him.

Sly stuck his hand out causing him to have a grip on my dress as he pulled me to him. I could feel his lips on my neck before I could even get another word out. "You mine, even if we not together." He whispered as he licked up my neck to suck on my ear. A small squeal came from me as I pushed him back some to make my official return to dinner.

Sly's POV

I stared with my jaw clenched at Julian as he kept touch my girl on her lower back right above her booty making me clench my jaw. This muthfucka got bold as hell. Elle just had to go in the living and pretty much make all of my claims on her invalid. So, that makes it feel like this dude was trying to shoot his shot.

"Sly, quit it" Mama hissed at me as she saw that my anger was threatening to spill over from the way I held the knife in my hand to cut my piece of Sock it to me cake.

"Tell that nigga to quit" I said under my breathe not wanting to make a scene. But, my Mama must have heard me from the say she was giving me that look only she could give me.

"No you the one over here….if looks could kill" she mumbled not even bothering to complete her thought either way. She right though Just would be death and I would be chilling knowing I didn't have to be aggravated with him anymore. I'm not saying Elle can't have friends because she can. But her friends needed to have pussies. I know what dudes be thinking when they see her so it didn't even make sense for her to be friends with ole' dude. I mean look at her….that ass was fat, her face was beautiful and she didn't even know it. But was really her personality that kept me hungry for her, my baby was never judging or acting like she was better than other people so how could I not have her on a pedestal.

But maybe it was me putting her on that pedestal that made me look to Leah for her benefits. Elle was to good for me so who was I to have her. See I didn't even know where my head is at I'm over here trying to reason about refusing to be monogamous but, it the issue really was I didn't know how to handle Lauryn.

I just chew slowly on my cake as I watch Elle help Mya feed himself as my thoughts kept following the same lines as before. She was looking so good I felt like an idiot every time I looked at her. Why was I entertaining Leah when I had my baby. As I finished my slice up I decided at that moment I was going to step my shit up and get my girl back. Not to say she really had a choice. Elle was my girl even if she wasn't. I know it's hard to understand but no dude would be stepping to her now that I claimed her so it wasn't like I had much to even worry about on that end.

That nigga Julian bet watch his back because I was not playing with him. But the end of everything Elle would be my wife and the mother of my kids. I wanted her and refused to let another have her because of an oversight that I had miscalculated.

Author note: I am going to be still editing my chapters (also changing some names) but didn't want to keep y'all waiting for an enternity for a chapter. By the way does anyone want to co-write or edit for me? I'm trying to grow as a writer and want to try do that.