XV.

XV. Lies and Friends

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-Albert Einstein

Sly's POV

Dre just needed help getting some of the work put up properly in some of the traps so Milly and I went took care of that. Now I was tired and ready to be laid up with Elle. I close the door to Audi's apartment but was surprised see her eating a bunch of junk food and looking sad.

"Where Elle?" I asked not sure if Audi hear me because she never looked away from the movie playing on the television. It was weird. I mean to be honest when I thought about the whole day this thing had me all off kilter because everything was feeling wrong.

"I don't know and I don't care" she said still acting like I wasn't even stand there. She put her spoon back in the ice cream and sighed as she took another mouthful. I guess she was having a pity party, now I was going to have to baby her to figure out what was bothering her.

"What happened Audi?" I asked I guess they must have had some little fight. Audi was so damn sensitive that little stuff that don't bother normal people get to her so fast. I think it was because she was so used to getting her way that being told no caused her to react horribly.

"Nothing..." She said turning the tv up as if to signal that the conversation was over. I just sighed seeing that she was in one of her mood so there was no point in trying to get any information out of her. I walked in the kitchen and decided to heat up some of the jerked chicken and rice that Elle's grandma had made for me when I had dinner over their house last Sunday. Yes, we did the family thing, Elle was my baby and I wanted to be part of everything she did. Not to mention her Grandma was funny as hell and kept me rolling with the way that she kept my baby acting like a little girl when she asked about our relationship.

I placed it in the microwave and went to the trash to throw away the stuff that Audi left sitting on the counter that was empty. As I opened the trash can I noticed something pink in the trash that look familiar to me. I reached in the trash and saw it was a pregnancy test. The test wasn't in there just the box. My eyebrows had to be touching my hair line as I tied to process what was in my hand completely forgetting the bomb ass food waiting on me.

I walked back into the livingroom and threw the empty box so it hit Audi in the shoulder to get her attention. "Fuck is this?" I questioned taking the remote out of her hand and muting the volume. I was going to get to the bottom of this.

"Sly why you going through the trash? You just like Mama noisy as fuck" she mumbled shaking her head still not looking at me.

"I pay all the bills in this bitch so if I want to go though the trash that's my business. If its all that then you should have left it in your room" I said looking at her waiting to see her reaction.

"Who said it was mine? Always making some damn assumptions like who are you to judge me?" She said getting louder. I stroked my beard not even believing that we were playing this game at all.

"Then who's test is it? Huh? Who's?" I questioned back ready to catch her little ass in a lie.

"Shit it could be anyone's. How you know it not Elle's?" she questioned back. Now I knew it wasn't Elle's because she was still a virgin so Audi needed to try again with another answer.

"It's not hers. Stop playing with me. This yours, isn't it?" I questioned again.

"How you know it's not Elle's as much as she be at Ju house it could be" she said then put more ice cream in her mouth.