XXIV.

Chapter XXIV.

All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.
-Ed Sheeran

Lauryn's POV

I laughed loudly as the dude kept trying to flirt with me as he worked on Mya's haircut. Milly was out of town so Zora and I were trying to help take care of his usual fatherly things since Mya was living full time with them until they went to court to get that custody established. To be honest Milly needed full custody but, I could understand why he would still want to include his ex. He was the type of guy that tried to take himself out of situations and be objective when possible. It was amazing to see a father will the sacrifice for his son.

"Now you know you fine. Why else would you come in here where that tight sweatshirt and leggings knowing don't no panties fit under there....atleast not none that can cover all that ass" Addison joked. Today was my first time meeting him and all I could say was interesting. This man just might have peaked my interest. He was a laid back type of dude with his sense of humor and the way he just seemed to enjoy life. He was cute too, you had to be blind not to notice. Addison was about 6 foot with a nice peanut butter complexion with bright white teeth at the top and a set of  diamond grillz at the top that were so bling bling if I had met him somewhere else I would assumed he was into something illegal. His sweats did nothing to take away from his looks at all. To be honest if I wasn't already over men in general he was what I liked. From the outside looking in his stuff was together and he appeared to have a legitimate job where I didn't have worry about danger being brought to my door. But I just met AD as he liked to be called by his friends. But, Zora had decided in the first 20 seconds she would be calling her new friend Addy. She was smooth like that people had a hard time disliking her in general.

"Boy, stop" I giggled with Zora as the occupants in the shop started to take in the interaction. It appear if people weren't sure if it was okay to get in on the macking and joking of the barber or if they were supposed to abide by the word of Sly. Sly was that nigga in the streets and everyone knew so, staying on his good side seemed to always be a priority but this dude seemed to not care at all.

"What you got a man or something? I know your homegirl do, she giving of that taken woman vibe" He questioned while working on cleaning up Mya's line. Yes, we had been talking to him since we came in but he mainly was flirting with us as a pair while getting to know us a little.

"Ummm I do and... you must be new to the area, huh?" Zora asked from her conversation text with Milly. Thank goodness for her. Zora was low key Team Sly while, Becca was team no BS. Then there was Audi who was team Self but occasionally took her brother's side. I still was deciding if I could be team Sly while being Team me as well. It seemed like that wasn't possible when I reflected on this relationship.

"Yeah been here like 2 months. Why that matter?" He asked completely confused. He even stopped working on my little nephew's head to have my full attention. Zora raised her brow as if my business was public knowledge. It might have been but no one was bring me the gossip since right now I was working on my clients and getting adjusted to being home full time. Moving out and not seeing Sly at all other than when I was with Audi was hard to get used to because I was used to having a full routine with him.

I looked over at Zora to see how this conversation was about to go. "You heard about Sly?" She asked trying to gauge him. It seemed like she wasn't the only one as the other barbers and dudes all got quite to see what he was going to say. I could already feel my embarrassment being displayed on my face from this introduction. I hated how everyone thought they knew me from Sly.

"Yeah. He some nigga that sell drugs or something. I think that what my cousin Money said" he shrugged non-committal as he gestured to his cousin cutting hair two chairs down. Money was cool with Milly if I remember correctly so he probably already knew the deal but, then again  Milly wasn't messy like Ju so his business was not really spread around to the general public