5. Saviour

[Lovino's POV - Friday - 3:29 - Outside (F/N)'s House - Blood]

I stood outside (F/N)'s house; the door was left wide open and the car that was meant to be in the driveway was gone. It didn't look like anyone was in, I edged closer to the house. Something caught my eye, blotches of blood were splattered against the stone path... Was that (F/N)'s!? I quickly checked the house, there was even more blood inside than there was out. I arrived in what looked to be (F/N)'s room, the closet and drawers were wide open. Spare bits of clothes and odd socks lay strewn over the rims of the drawers and a trail of blood led in and out the room.

"Idiota raggaza!" I muttered under my breath as I ran back down the stairs. Now I knew the blood was there, it was easier to follow down the path. If she was injured then she couldn't have got that far, but if she was injured badly, she could be dead...

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the picture in my head. Turning the corner, my pace slowed as I saw the blood trail stop. A figure was crouched against the wall, stumbling and slowly making their way down the street. It was (F/N), alive.

"(F/N)!" I shouted, she slowly turned around, her eyes dull and lifeless. She held the gaze for a few seconds before looking down the floor and her legs buckled under her. I quickly leapt towards her and caught her before she hit the ground. The relief I felt seeing her alive was replaced with panic, her hand was covering her bleeding stomach, removing her hand, there was a deep wound there. Tears pricked the corners of my eyes.

She needed help, quick...

[Normal POV: - Saturday - 12:04 - Hospital - Wake Up]

Your eyes flickered open and a bright light flooded your sight through the cracks of your eyelids. The room was white, this was a hospital. You began to sit up, but a pain flew through your stomach. Lifting up the light bluey-green hospital shirt you were wearing, there were bandages wrapped around your stomach, a little blood stained the bandages red. Fully sitting up, you noticed your arms were also bandaged.

"(F/N)?!" A familiar voice sounded quite lucky from the direction of the door, it was Lovino. He ran up to you, embracing you in his arms, careful not to hurt you though. You remained unfazed, your arms stayed by your side. He might as well been hugging a brick wall but he tried to ignore it. When he finally let go his hands moved up to your shoulders and he looked you straight in the eyes.

"Why...? Why didn't you tell me?" He said, his voice wobbly.

"I'm sorry," you said simply. His breath caught in his throat.

"That's not good enough!" He said, his eyes were watery but no tears had dropped down his face. "You could have told me! You should have told me.." His voice trailed off and his head dipped. His arms dropped to his sides as if giving up on trying to snap you out of your emotionless trance. After a while of silence, you decided to speak.

"I'll tell you," You said making him look back up to meet your eyes. "I'll tell you what happened. You can't tell anyone, not the hospital, the police, no one. Just you." He hesitated and paused in thought but nodded in agreement.

"Fine." He said sitting down in the chair next to your bed. Lovino listened carefully to your story. You lost your parents at a young age and were forced to live with your uncle. At first, everything was fine, your uncle smiled at the careworkers and promised to take care of you. Pleased by the response, you were entrusted to him. The first week was fine, but the second was full of verbal abuse. The third started to get worse as he started to beat you. It all continued until now until you met Lovino. But from the beginning, you'd had no comfort, no friends, and you trusted no one, which you'd made clear to him already. Lovino remained quiet for a while. He wasn't Feliciano, he couldn't bring any light on the situation.

"Do you trust me?" He asked. The room fell into another silence.

"I-I don't know..." You said, unsure. You liked him, sure. But trusting was a thing you found hard to do, you'd never learnt how to do it. If you didn't trust anyone, then you wouldn't get hurt. Lovino wiped his eyes and took a deep breath, looking straight into your eyes.

"(F/N), I'm not letting you go back to that house," he said sternly.

"What?"

"I'm not letting you go back to that house!!" He said a little more aggressively.

"But where will I go otherwise?" You asked. "The rest of my family is gone." He grabbed your hand and held it tight.

"You'll stay with me and Feliciano," he said, his eyes full of resolve.

"Bu-"

"Please (F/N)!" He cut you off, giving your hand I tight squeeze. "At least let me do this!" You paused in thought.

"Okay... Thank you Lovino..." You muttered.

---