6. New Home

[Wednesday - 12:15 - Hospital - Let Out]

You still had your bag full of clothes and saved up money with you, so you didn't have to go back to your house to get them. The doctors told you that you could go home and that you should just rest for a few days and you'd be fine. Lovino visited you in the hospital, he'd sometimes bring Feliciano along too. Feliciano would start cheering on about how excited he was at the news you'd be living with them, and how he'd make you pasta for breakfast, lunch and tea. Although he was silly and stupid, it was oddly comforting.

After a week or so had passed, you were discharged and allowed to leave. Lovino picked you up and drove you home to where he lived. It was a relatively big house, even though it was just Lovino and Feliciano living there. You both stood at the door, Lovino growling as he dug through his pockets for his keys, but the door suddenly burst open. A man was short, messy brown hair suddenly latched himself onto Lovino.

"Hey, Romano! You're home! I said I'd come round today but you went out!" He whined. Was Romano some sort of nickname? He had a thick Spanish accent and looked, from what you could tell, close to Lovino and happy to see him. But Lovino didn't look as happy as he was.

"Get off you tomato bastard!" He yelled, trying to break free from the other man's grip. The Spaniard let go and pinched both of Lovino's cheeks.

"You're so cute..." He cooed, his gaze then caught yours and he stopped fawning over Lovino and turned his attention to you. He looked at you for a while before turning back to Lovino. "Hey Lovi, is this chica your girlfriend? She's cute.." He said eyeing you from top to bottom. Lovino went bright red while you blushed a little.

"S-Shut up! She's not my girlfriend! She just needs a place to stay!" Lovino yelled hastily, trying to hide the fact he was as red as his beloved tomatoes.

"Oh." The Spaniard looked slightly disappointed. He turned to you and gave a slight wave. "Hola chica! My name is Antonio. I used to look after Roma- I mean Lovi when he was little." There went the name Romano again, also you couldn't help notice that Lovino was giving Antonio a death glare right now.

"Nice to meet you. I'm (F/N)," you said vaguely, bowing your head politely.

"Come on (F/N), just ignore this idiota!" Lovino said grabbing your arm and pulling you through the front door. Antonio started whining and wiped away a fake tear. Lovino led you upstairs and to the third room along the hallway. The room was fairly plain, but that suit you fine. It had a bed, desk and wardrobe, you slowly walked in and sat down on the bed, taking in the nice scent of the room.

"So you'll be alright here right?" Lovino said from the doorway, a light blush on his face. You gave a quick nod.

"Yeah, thanks." You stood up and slipped off your backpack, unzipping it and started to unpack. You placed a picture frame on the bedside cabinet, Lovino walked up to it and picked it up. It was a little girl with a big smile on her face in between two adults, it was you and your parents. Lovino had never seen you smile like that.

"Are these your parents?" He asked.

"Yeah," you said placing some clothes in the wardrobe.

"They look like good parents.." He trailed off.

"They were..." You said, sadness evident in your voice. Lovino mentally slapped himself. That was a stupid thing to say.

"(F/N), look I'm sor-"

"It's fine, it's not like you killed them," you cut him off. "What about your parents, where are they?" You asked. Lovino put the photo back down.

"Oh, it's just me and Feliciano, and that tomato bastard sometimes..." He said, avoiding the question.

"Oh, okay..." You looked up to face Lovino. "I just wanted to say thanks, for everything really... If it weren't for you, I'd still be in that house, or worse..." Your cheeks were dusted slightly pink as you expressed your gratitude. Lovino took a step closer.

"S-Sure, it's no problem..." He muttered. You could see his face turn red as he swallowed hard and bent down to place a kiss on your cheek. You felt your face also flush red too, but before you could say anything to Lovino, he'd already jogged out the room. You sat down on the bed, slightly in a daze. You placed your hand on the place he kissed.

You just didn't understand what you were feeling...

---