Chapter 2 The Hallway

The whole day was agonizing. All I wanted was to know Alison's plan. It was so difficult to listen to any of my teachers in class. When the final class bell rang I practically ran out of the class, difficultly ducking past students rushing out of their final class. To my misfortune in all my rushing, I was too distracted by my thoughts that I bumped into Chris.

"Careful," he chuckled wrapping an arm around my slim waist, steadying me.

"Thanks." I blushed, looking up at him sheepishly.

What!?! He's still cute and I'd never admit to it out loud, but before Mason I liked Chris but in the way I felt for Mason. No one could compare to Mason; he had everything, so Chris was just sub-par compared to him... Chris released my waist once I was steadied and smiled at me, his eyes twinkling slightly as I stared into his deep ever changing colored eyes.

"So I was wondering if you'd...you know like to...go on a date tomorrow night since you know were going to be on break and all till next Monday?" Chris gulped nervously, his adams apple scraping against his throat visually.

He looked so nervous and it made my heartbeat speed up. I looked down at my feet, wiggling my toes from inside my shoes as a distraction, but it didn't work as Chris cleared his throat causing me to look up at him, his nervous gaze completely enchanting me. He ran his hand through his tossed hair, before bringing it down to his neck, my eyes following his nervous gesture.

"I'd love to but I have plans with Alison I don't know how long it'll last since it'll probably last the whole weekend though," I finally opened my now dry mouth, half lying.

"Oh," he mumbled, his eyes losing the light of nervous hope that he had just moments ago, which brought a small pang in my chest at the thought that I was the one to do it.

"-But if we finish early I'll tell you and maybe we can... Umm... hang out?" I couldn't say date. No! I REFUSED to say date. 

"Really?" he smiled slightly, his face completely brightening up, causing the nerves he probably had moments ago to fill my body.

"Yeah... I'll call you." I nodded slowly.

"Okay, so see you soon Ally," he gave me a quick hug, his arms barely touching my waist for more than a second as he bent down and kissed my cheek making an old feeling stir in my stomach.

Pushing the feeling down I set out to find Alison. Looking around the dimly lit hallway, as students cleared out of the nearest exit probably in search of friends of their own. The dark blue school lockers, seemed to be peeling off revealing the previously green painted color from years ago.

"Sorry," I squeaked, being removed from my thoughts as I bumped into someone's chest again.

"Its cool, but you should be more careful next time." 

I know that voice.

But I couldn't be. No its not... There's just no way; not today... I looked up eyes widening, mouth a gap, as beautiful dark chocolate eyes came in contact with me. Why him!?!