23// Darry Curtis Imagine

This imagine is for allison_iler_ hope you like it!!

••••••••••

It's been four hours. Four hours since he said he would be home. Four hours of paranoia. I pace the living room back and forth as I wait for Darry to come home from work. Four hours, four hours, four hours. It repeats over and over in my head. What if he got hurt? The door suddenly swings open and there stands Darry, beaten and clothes shredded.

"Oh my god baby are you alright?" I asked.
"I'm fine, please don't worry." Darry responded. I watched his face as many emotions played as he walked to the couch. He looked like he was in deep pain.

I grab the first aid kit and clean up his cuts. He winced every once and a while but it didn't seem to cause him too much pain. I wrapped a bandage around his arm carefully not to tug the skin. The more I looked at Darry, the worse he seems.

"What happened?" I asked him.
"I was jumped by some Socs." He responded.

I was surprised. Darry has never been jumped by a soc before. Because of his big built and height, no one dared to ever challenge him.

"What did they do to you?"
"I was walking back from work since my truck broke down and five Socs pulled right in front of me, cutting me off.  They circled around me and I forgot to bring my blade that day. I managed to fight some off but they managed to hold me down and sucker punched me everywhere." Darry winced as I rubbed some alcohol on his fists to clean the cuts.

Darry didn't seem to be telling the truth. A couple punches couldn't turn him into the wreck he was right now. Something else had to have happened.

"I'm going to go change." Darry added and got up slowly. I watched him walk into his room and close the door ever so slightly, leaving a crack open. I could see through when he took off his shirt and revealed a huge black bruise on his side. I gasped, wondering how in the world he could be dealing with that much pain right now.

When Darry came back in, I suggested we go to the hospital.

"I told you, I'm fine."
"I saw you bruise." I spit out. "We need to get you to the hospital."

I finally got him to get up and get into my car. I drove us there and helped him walk inside and onto s gurney.

"Everything's fine, Allison." Darry said, noticing how worried I was.
"Okay, I believe you." I whispered and reassured myself.

A couple hours later, I came into Darry's room to see how he was doing. He was still asleep, but the doctor was in there.

"How is he?" I asked.
"Not so good. He broke both ribs, and all his movement made it worse. For the next couple of weeks, he won't be able to move much or else he will make them even worse." He told me.

Darry woke up and smiled when he saw me.

"What's wrong?" He asked when he saw the distress on my face.
"You broke both of your ribs, dar. You can't move much the next couple of weeks so you can heal." I told him the news.

Darry sighed. The doctor left to give us some alone time.

"Don't worry, we'll get through this together. You me and the doctor. We are all here to help you." I said.
"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Darry asked.

I blushed. Darry could always make me smile, no matter what mood I was in.

"One day this will all be a memory and I'll be just fine." Darry said. "I've always found a way to make it through, by holding on to you. Everyone says you only fall in love once, but that's not true, because every time I see you, I fall in love all over again. I don't know what I would do without you."

"I love you too, and it's not being in love that makes me happy, it's being in love with you that does."

I bent down and kissed him on the lips.

Right then I realized I will never loose him. He is inside of me, he is all around me. I only see him, wherever I go, because there is nothing in our universe of love except for me and him.