30// Ponyboy Curtis Imagine

This imagine is for iamabadazz hope you like it!!

••••••••••

"Come on, Sammy, tell me who you like!" Pony teased me at our track meet for school.

We have been best friends since we were born. Everything we did was mostly together and I loved him like a brother. But lately, I've been thinking I might like him more than that.

"I, I can't tell you," I nervously laughed.
"Well you already know I like Cherry because I talk about her all the time..." I stopped listening to him ramble on after I heard the word, "Cherry."
"Sorry, we're talking about you, so who is it?" Pony did his famous puppy eyes that was one of the things that I fell in love with.
"Do you really want to know?" I asked.
"1600m first call," the announcement said.
"Hurry!!" Pony replied.

I took a deep breath, "It's you."
"Final call for 1600m," the announcement said.

I raced away before Pony could respond. His face showed me that he was shocked. How was I supposed to run a race after I just told my crush that I like him? I tried not to focus on him and get race ready.

We all lined up and the gun went off. The race felt like a blur. I managed to win by a few seconds, which I was very proud of.

Walking off the track, I had to face my problem I had before I came in.

"I never knew you liked me like that," Pony told me.
"I know you like Cherry and not me so you can just save the sorrow," I told him.
"But the thing is, I do like you. Cherry is just a side track. You are the one that I really talk about being so sweet and kind. I just use Cherry's name instead." Pony replied.

My broken heart felt like it just healed instantly. All this time, Pony's been talking about me and not Cherry? The person I like actually likes me back?! I let out a tiny squeal and hugged him.

"Oh yeah, good job on your race," He smirked.
"Now it's your turn to go out there and win," I kissed him on the cheek as his event was called.

The 800m started like a flash. Everyone ran by and I cheered for Pony. On the final stretch, a boy started to pass him but Pony kicked in his speed and made it for the win.
After crossed the line, he said, "Sammy, will you be my girlfriend?" while I walked over to him.

"Yes!" I grinned and hugged him.

I guess fairy tales can come true after all:)